I love all dogs! I have been fervent about all animals since I was a child and this love for animals has grown over the years. I have been pet parent to many dogs as well as cats. Currently, my fur baby is 9 years old rescued from a puppy mill when he was 2 months old. :)
Your dog is given the same amount of love and care as I do for my own. In home dog boarding provides a normal, natural environment with lots of love. We have a fenced, spacious backyard but your dog is not left unattended, and is always accompanied by me to play, exercise and attend to needs.
My goal is to make your furbaby feel as relaxed here as in your own home. We have a doggie den furkids can freely come and go when they have quiet time. The doggie den is especially beneficial for dogs with separation anxiety, it is their safe space! Most all dogs love the playpen set up in the dog den with comfy pillows, blankets and comforters. Others simply prefer the couch ~ but your furkid has free run of the house and will be quite comfortable!
I provide a fun and friendly place for your dog to be happy in when you're away, with the personal care and attention that a commercial dog kennel just isn't able to provide.
With daily photos, via text or email, I will keep you updated on your pet's visit, so you can enjoy your vacation and know they are having a wonderful time, too!
I ask you to bring their own food to avoid digestive issues. Prior to their stay, I do require that your dog be up-to-date on their rabies, bordetella, and distemper vaccinations. If your pet has been diagnosed with any medical issue, I can administer meds,
If your dog doesn't do well with other pets or has separation anxiety, No Problem! Message me to ask specific questions about your dog's individual needs.
I typically watch for one pet parent at a time but occasionally reservations may overlap due to travel delays, etc. as necessary.
- I have my own insurance in addition to the coverage Dog Vacay provides
- I have baby gates throughout my house, and I make sure that all dogs are secure behind a gate before opening the door
- My yard and home is professionally treated for fleas/ticks every other month. Please still make sure that your dog is current on flea/tick protection
- I have crates on hand and upon request, to save you the hassle of transporting it if you need your dog crated to keep within a training routine. Please let me know if your dog uses a crate - or you're welcome to bring your own.
- I have many extra dog bowls and dog blankets. If your dog needs familiar smells from home, you may bring their own blankets, beds, toys or other comfort items your furkid may need.
** I'm a member of the National Association for Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS). NAPPS members have unlimited access to educational resources and training to help increase knowledge on providing excellent pet care. I'm Red Cross CPR Certified, and insured with Pet Sitters Assocs.
Short stays to long stays to everything in between, we're as close to home as it gets. I give you the peace of mind you need for the care of your pet while you're away. Let your pet stay today in a PAWSitively pawsome loving home!
Read More about Kathy...