I recently moved into a 1 bedroom apartment in a new luxury condominium thats super dog friendly! So friendly that they have a pet spa on site, so if you're looking to get your pooch pampered, look no further! Its called West Square and located in Southie (South Boston) basically a 10-15 minute walk from the Seaport area.
I'm sure you have some basic questions for me, I'd like to cover some of them here:
Do you have any pets or dogs of your own?
- I currently do not have any pets or dogs of my own. However I did have a hamster when I was 12. We had a play date with a friend that had another hamster and one thing led to another... a few weeks later I ended up with 12 Hamsters, my mom wasn't to happy about that at the time.
Aside from the Hamsters I was always an avid dog lover but never had the opportunity to have one of my own.
Why did you join Dogvacay/become a dog sitter?
- I understand that having a dog is a long term and full time commitment that I'd love to commit to in the future. However at the moment, I'm not ready to make that commitment quite yet.
In 2014 I found a site similar to Dogvacay and started dogsitting there. Since then I have lived vicariously through other people's dogs and have watched over 150+ dogs in my time. I've had so much fun since then, I haven't looked back. Now instead of having just 1 dog of my own I can care for a wide array of dogs. What more could a guy want?!
What's your schedule like in terms of caring/watching my dog?
- I work as a personal trainer and recently started Real estate. Both jobs are very flexible in terms of hours. My days usually consist of clusters of early morning clients that I train and then I break mid-day and come home. Then another cluster of clients in the evening and I come back afterwards. Generally I'd give your pup a walk in the morning before I leave then come back Mid-day and then leave again in the evening for my last cluster of clients and one last walk before bedtime if need be.
Where will my dog stay when you're away?
- I live in a 1 bedroom by myself thats pretty spacious. No roomates. Its also a dog friendly condominium complex so no complaints from any landlords! (I've heard horror stories in the past from other dog sitters with landlord complaints.) My complex is so dog friendly that we have a dog grooming/bathing facility on site with industrial equipment! Want your dog coming back smelling fresh and clean? Look no further!
What happens if there is an emergency?
- Before every stay I always require an emergency contact and vet information for the pup. I also have a car so should there be an emergency I am able to get them to the vet right away! There is insurance through Dogvacay and I will cover the bill from the vet first should you be away and I can't reach you. You can compensate me afterwards and we can workout the details from there.
You sound amazing! I'd love to have you watch/care for my dog while I'm away. Whats the next step?
- I always require to have a meet & greet before any stay so it'd be a good fit and everyone is comfortable with everyone else. Dog and human a like. We can set something up that works with both of our schedules and have a meet & greet from there. I look forward to hearing from you and excited to meet you and your Furbaby!
Read More about Tu...