I am a 26 yo Registered Veterinary Technician. I have been formally licensed for two years, but have worked in the field since I was 15 years old! I will be attending Western University Veterinary School in Southern California in the Fall of 2016. I think it's safe to say that I LOVE animals-- enough to make a career out of it!
I've worked in veterinary clinics for a large part of my life and have been fostering for a rescue organization in Northern California called Copper's Dream (check them out!) for quite some time now and so I've taken care of many dogs. Professionally, I've worked with dogs and cats of all sizes and temperaments for a very long time. I will gladly update you on your pet(s) with photos throughout your vacation as I personally know how hard it can be to be away for so long.
I am NOT a veterinarian (yet!) and I WILL NOT and CANNOT by law diagnose your pet. However, I have been medically trained to recognize potential health problems. It is almost a habit for me to do quick physical check up on most animals that I meet. I will not only walk/play/exercise your pet, but if they allow it, I will also check for foxtails, bites, scratches, etc. after. I have seen too many bites & scratches from rough play go unrecognized for so long by owners and sitters who are not thorough and careful enough!!
At this time, I can only HOUSE/PET SIT which means that I would take care of your pets in YOUR home as I think it is minimizes stress on your pets by not having to stay in a new environment. While I will treat your pets like my own, I will not treat your home as my own. I will be very respectful and mindful of your possessions and home in its entirety. Thank you so much and I look forward to meeting you and caring for your pet!
When you book with me:
- I do not have any other pets and your pups will receive my absolute undivided attention.
- I will not book any other services! This includes: other stays, drop-ins, walks, etc.
- I will regularly update you with photos and videos. I love sharing how content and well-adjusted your pets are in your absence!
- I will treat your pets the same way I would want my own (if I had any) to be treated in my stead. This means that I will be in your home and be constant companion to your pet.
- Retrieve mail, take out garbage, water plants, etc.
- Empty homes can be a target! I will keep your home occupied, safe, and running smoothly.
- Feel free to ask for any other requests :)
If I am unavailable on my calendar, feel free to contact me anyways to double check. I try to keep my calendar updated, but may fall a little behind.
P.S. Pet/House sitting rate ($40 for first pup, $20 for each additional pup). Cats are $13.
For more reviews, see: https://www.rover.com/members/abigail-c-veterinary-student-extraordinaire/
Read More about Abigail...