My availability: 24/7 supervison
Hello owners of all the furry pets :) Thank you for visiting my profile and considering me as your next dog sitter.
My name is Veronika, I'm a proud owner of two Chihuahuas that I raised and trained since they were barely 8 weeks old. One thing about me is that I absolutely adore small/medium dog breeds, they are these tiny little things but they are super smart,silly and highly energized and not to forget they have very big hearts :)
*I love all types of dogs and cats but the small/medium kind I'm not gonna lie are my favorites :) *
Little bit about me and my environment
- 26 year old female
- Working full time as a physio assistant at a rehab centre ( now on long vacation so can provide 24/7 supervison)
- No children in my environment
- Living in a very spacious 1 bedroom apartment ( Lots of space for doggies to run around) Windows are shut and have screens installed, smoke free environment. Quiet place with AC unit/ Heat unit . Dogs are not ever locked when I'm present they can roam free during the day :) Some of them even sleep with me :)
- Non smokers/ no drugs/no alcohol
- I own a vehicle
- Have CPR/First aid
- I grew up around dogs and cats my entire life :)
Typical day with dogs:
Tug of war play time
Training and rewards when needed
At least 2 walks per day
( if weather permits)
4-5 potty breaks
More cuddles :)
I chose to become a dog sitter just because my dogs look bored just by themselves :D I enjoy watching all the dogs running around and playing it's entertaining and they keep me busy. My life literally revolves around dogs, even at work I annoy people every day with stories about dogs :D .... I do record tons of hilarious videos while I have guest dogs around.
I try to accommodate same day bookings on a very short notice but if possible please provide me with at least 2 hours of notice before you drop off your pup to ensure my availability.If 2 hours notice isn't possible please call me or text to discuss.
About my dogs:
Minnie is a bit shy at first but warms up to other dogs in no time. She does bark at strangers at first but would never hurt anyone. She has been exposed to many strangers and other dogs so we know that she would never hurt a fly (she's barely 4 lbs, and has little tiny teeth. When you see her in person you'll see how tiny she is.
My other male Chi is this white silly highly energized pup who still gets into trouble sometimes- like for chewing my socks or corners of my sofa. He is super loving, loves loves to play like ALL DAY LONG and knows tricks just like my other Chi. Falko sometimes barks at new guests but in less than 10 min he and the guest dog will be best buddies forever. Falko loves his new buddies he keeps them busy playing all day long. Also It's been tested that he gets along even with bigger dogs than himself.
Restrictions and special circumstances:
- I do not provide care for dogs with overly aggressive behavior towards other people ( Unless it's a puppy that is still learning)
- I do not accommodate big dogs as I own Chihuahuas and safety measures is #1 priority for everyone. I do occasionally accommodate medium size dogs but they are very well socialized and good around small dogs so if you think your dog would be fine we can schedule a meet and greet and see if its a good match.
- Dogs with disease/illness that requires special medical care.
- If your dog is in the final stage of his/hers last days, :( then this is the time he/she would be better of spending its final days with you
Meet and greet :
If you are wondering about the environment your pet will be staying at please take a look at my profile pictures. Due to the dogs initial barking I prefer to meet new owners/guests outside. Every dog will bark at new guest dog/owner at first as that is their territory and I have to take into a consideration that I have neighbors nearby :)
If the meet and greet is required I will take my dogs out and introduce them to your pet in a neutral way. The other option is that you can just drop off your pet to me and I will make sure a proper introduction between the dogs is done.
- I can care for dogs of all ages, untrained puppy or senior dog I'm here :)
- I can care for 2 guest dogs at the same time, max 3 if someone is in a real emergency
- I'm experienced with dogs that have toy/food possession
- I can also care for a cat as my Chi's are cat friendly.
- I welcome dogs with surgery recovery, with blindness, hearing loss, etc.
- Dogs with separation anxiety are welcome :)
- If your dog has incontinence issues please make sure diapers are provided and your dog is usually not ripping them off :)
- I can administer medication/vitamins
- At additional cost I provide baths, nail clipping, brushing teeth, cleaning ears, and brushing hair
-Minimum for grooming is $20 ( Standard min rate)
For $20.00 - nail clipping, brushing teeth( 5min at least, using dog formulated tooth paste and mouth wash ), cleaning ears.
Grooming package #1
- Bath+ blow dry+ brushing hair : $25
*Full grooming service* : $40
Includes: Nail clipping, brushing teeth, cleaning ears, brushing hair, bath,blow dry
When you book your furry baby for boarding/Daycare:
1) Dog's bed
2) Food ( some dogs like our food too which is OK but majority are used to one brand.
3) Leash and collar with tags. ( We need that for the walks)
* Toys are not necessary as we have plenty here, unless you prefer your own*
*Please let me know if you dog has any special diet and if he/she is allowed any human snacks.
Every dog is used to different times and frequency and so whatever the case is I will take care of it :)
I wish I could build a shelter for dogs :) Or at least a huge house with massive fenced yard and no neighbors nearby ;D
When I visit friends that own dogs I often pay more attention to their dogs :D I don't know I think dogs are just more awesome :D
I go to PetSmart religiously :)
I buy outfits for my dogs even though they don't often wear it :D Except in the winter, they have winter jackets.
When people ask me when I'm going to have children, I send them pictures of my dogs :D
When your pet leaves my place don't be surprised if they don't want to leave :)
They will be well cared for and they will make some new friends!
ps: When your pet is in my care I will update you throughout the day and even send you a picture or a short clip of your furry so you don't have to worry, or if you do not wish to be contacted during your pet/s stay please tell me and I will provide pics and videos after you pick up your pet :)
Read More about Veronika...