BOARDING RULES, EXTRA FEES AND A LITTLE ABOUT ME:
I love dogs! because of that love, I decided to board and groom them. I am a certified Dog groomer and CPR Dog Certified through American Red Cross. For before and after pictures of some of the dogs I have groomed, please view video: https://youtu.be/AEeTmOfJ_Sk
I am currently pursuing a certificate in Dog Behavior/Dog Training.
My dog Patches and I have Therapy Dog Certifications through Therapy Dog International. We also volunteer for Hospice Care in the Beaufort County. I have background check through DogVacay, as well as training. I was a school teacher for 22 years. I left the teaching field before moving to SC from my home town in New York. I hold a Master's Degree in Education. Graduated Summa Cum Laude.
My passion is Teaching, Music, Singing, Playing the piano, Caring for children, the elderly and animals. I love traveling and learning about different cultures. I love languages and speak English, Italian and Spanish. I have some knowledge of Tagalog and I am currently studying Hebrew. While your pup is boarding with me, why not have him groomed? My grooming services are specifically made available for DogVacay Boarders. I do not work for a salon, as I like to do quality work and don't like rushing. Please see my price listed under my services.
I promise to care for your dog as if they were my own. Your dog will have plenty of walks in our pet-friendly community and exercise in our large fenced dog park. I report to you three to four times throughout the day and evening. I take plenty of pictures and video clips each day, to let you know what your pup is doing. I also do FaceTime. In addition to dogs, I can also care for your cat, small mammal, such as guinea pig or hamster.
I have had a few dogs and cats in my lifetime and have always done rescue work since I was very young. My mother had nursing training and used her knowledge and home remedies to assist any strays we rescued. She also had a love for animals.
Again, I am multi-lingual. If you do not speak English, you can write me in Italian, Portuguese or Spanish to book your stay.
NUMBER OF DOGS IN MY HOUSEHOLD:
I own a mix Dalmation/Lab who I rescued some years ago, named Patches, He is very loving, calm, well behaved and has a soothing affect on all animals he meets. In June of 2015 Patches passed his Dog Therapy Test in Beaufort, SC, through Therapy Dog International. He is now officially a Certified Therapy Dog. I also have one small Jack Russell dog named, "Beethoven." He is very playful and full of energy.
Due to the extra time, cleaning and amount of work there is in caring for puppies under a year old, I charge $55 a day.
I live in a pet-friendly community and there is a large dog park where I live and exercise is on my top list. I keep my house clean and orderly.
CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENT:
- Drop off and pick up:
If you drop off your dog at 1:00 pm on a particular date, pick up should be no later, or close to 1:00 pm on your pick up date. If your pick up time is 8 hours apart, it is considered a FULL DAY OF DAYCARE, therefore, a fee of $28 applies above the normal boarding charges. . After the 8 hours, there will be an additional fee of $3.00 an hour.
- LAST MINUTE RESERVATIONS:
If you request same day booking, I charge $10 for last minute booking.
I have a moderate booking refund policy for overnight boarding, as it prevents me from securing other bookings. If you cancel within 7 days or less from your booking date, you will receive 50% refund. If you cancel 8 days after your booking date, you will receive 100% back.
- Maximum boarding is 2 dogs. (Special consideration will be given to accommodate unusual needs, holidays and repeated customers.
- There is an extra fee of $15 for each separate holiday added to your published fees.
- All dogs that board must be well behaved and manageable. Signs of aggression are not acceptable.
- All dogs must be potty and leash trained. In the event that potty training is not evident during their stay, there will be an additional fee of $15.00 a day for the cleaning, removing stains and disinfecting of my home.
DISABLED DOGS OR CATS:
If your dog or cat has any medical issues, please bring diapers or other needed materials. I have a compassion and love for disabled animals. I will work with your special needs dog AT A MINIMAL EXTRA FEE. Blind dogs, three-legged dogs, deaf and mute dogs are more than welcome.
HEALTH & VACCINATIONS:
- All dogs must be vaccinated, free of ticks, fleas and kennel cough before boarding.
- Many folks are so thankful for the extra time, effort, extra pictures and video clips I send so often during the day. I am so touched for their appreciation and their reviews.
FULL DOG GROOMING SERVICES:
(Small and medium dogs only - 25 pounds maximum) Your dog must be used to grooming and be well behaved.
Full grooming includes:
- Ear cleaning
- Ear hair removal
- Nail clip and filing
- Feet trim
- Sanitation trim
- Glands expressed
- Light de-matting
Small dogs (max 15 pounds) $40
Medium dogs (max 25 pounds) $55 - $150
IMPORTANCE OF REVIEWS:
- On the last day of your dog's boarding, DogVacay will send you a review request.
- Please know that reviews are very important. It informs not only DogVacay but future customers that I did my job well and that our house is a safe and loving home for their little friends to board.
Looking forward to spending quality time, lots of fun and TLC with your best friend.
Read More about Miriam...