Heya! Thanks for checking us out!
First and foremost, Dean and I are dedicated to making sure your dog has a LOVING, safe and stress-free time here at THE HAPPY DOGGIE CABIN. In fact, we like to think that your pet's time here is a resort-like experience.. You'll discover our service is premium and we will treat your pet as if it were our own. Generally, we prefer to have just one dog - our max is three in case we get siblings and want to add one more to the mix. But if you prefer for us to just sit for your dog only - that's fine just let us know. We require a meet and greet for all of our doggie guests. Our schedule is flexible so it'll be easy to set up!
We have a cozy house and a HUGE fenced in yard. 20,000 sq ft of nature, squirrels and trees all around! Your dog will love it here. There is ample squirrel chasing and play time. Dean and I spend a fair amount of time outdoors - whether it's exercising or doing various yard projects. We will also play with your dog - fetch, hide and seek or chase - whichever helps them get a hefty dose of rigorous exercise. This is best for your dog and the most effective way to mitigate stress. A tired dog = a happy dog.
My love for animals:
As a kid, I was always rescuing animals and bringing them home. As an adult, I believe animals are a way of life. When it comes to our four-legged doggy friends, I would say I’m not only a dog lover, I am a dog enthusiast. I read books on dog behavior. I want to understand them. I feel like this deepens my connection with them. My husband and I have had a lot of animals over the years, our last dog was a pit mix that we rescued right off our street. We had her for five amazing years until she got an aggressive cancer and she passed away. It crushed me and we are not quite emotionally ready to parent another four-legged soul, so we have no other pets at this time. That being said, we love helping parents out when they have to go out of town. We understand how stressful it can be to leave your pet in someone else's care. We are incredibly detail-oriented and thoughtful pet sitters. When you return, you can expect a full download verbal report of all the nuances we've observed about your beloved doggie.
Happy Doggie Cabin - a premium doggie service:
- Multiple romps per day out in the half acre of nature
- Mini training sessions - Including hide and seek! - this is a fun game that gets them connected to me and wears them out. (I will adhere to the training commands you’ve established with your dog).
- A calm, relaxing chill place to sleep
- Plenty affection and love
- Photos and videos and updates so you can relax and know your doggie is in excellent care.
Other considerations and things to know:
- Dean and I work from home and have a flexible schedule but we do structure our time. Please be communicative on your pick up and drop off time.
- If you want your dog to be the only dog, that is totally doable! After the meet and greet we will work out a custom quote.
- Every dog is different and has a different level of energy. Walking is calming and necessary for dogs. However, because the yard is so massive, and rigorous exploration and exercise is possible within the confines of the fence, doggie walks are an additional fee starting at $10.
- If you have a senior dog or one that needs medication or has special care instructions - we are thorough and detail oriented and have a lot of experience caring for sick or disabled dogs.
- All dogs must have current vaccinations, be FLEA free and be fully house trained (puppies on a case by case basis).
- Please bring your own doggie bed. I have blankets if needed.
- I have taken many doggie training classes, so I will adhere to the commands you have in place for your dog.
- If you feel your dog would be better in a crate, please provide one. Or we can use our extra large crate for a $15 set up and take down fee.
- At this time, we are only comfortable taking dogs who are good with other dogs unless you’ve indicated that you’d like your dog to be solo here at The Happy Doggie Cabin.
Pick up and drop offs:
*** All overnights are a 24 hour period with a two hour grace period. So if you drop of at 11 AM you will want to pick up by 1 PM on the day you choose.
If you want to extend beyond the grace period, then we charge the regular daycare rate and you have the flexibility of picking your pup at a later time.
Please be clear on drop off and pick up times.
A typical day for us with your dog: Morning exercise, training and hide and seek. Then a little family breakfast, followed by lots of love and a snooze. Lots of pee breaks and romps throughout the day followed by dinner. When the evening gets cold, we snuggle up in front of the tv and watch a movie or show. This would be followed by a late night pee break, a treat if allowed, and then a tuck in.Then a final smooch good night as our eyelids get heavy and we dream of bones falling from the sky. It's pretty fun being here...
If you think you’re dog would be a good match with us, we’d love to meet her or him. Please message me and we can set something up.
Thank you so much for considering us.
We love dogs...and all other sentient beings.
Jenn (and Dean)
Read More about Jenn and Dean...