WHY CHOOSE SVC?
• #1, your pets stay in my home, with my pets and me. They spend their time where they like - indoors or out - and sleep where they're comfortable - whether that's a crate, pet bed, or the floor, in the house, garage, or outside.
• Toys – feel free to provide your pet's favorite, but I've got balls, squeakies, ropes, treat dispensers, and more.
• Beds – if he doesn't bring his own, your pet can choose from a dozen already here.
• Healthy treats – treat and chew donations are very welcome, but I've always got a variety on hand.
• No extra charge for adding supplements to meals, administering basic medication, or brushing out burrs obtained on outdoor adventures.
• If your pet doesn't have a special food bowl, I've got extras, including slow-feeders for those that bolt their kibble! I've also got ten water bowls, indoors and out, including a fountain!
• I've got two year-round puppy pools because for some dogs, water knows no season.
• Photos! I don't promise daily, because sometimes we're having too much fun to "paws" and send 'em, but they will get taken, and you'll probably get a bunch!
• No additional charge for weekend or holiday stays – just make sure to book early!
When your furbabies are here, they're family.
Note: currently, I am working away from home and will be gone from about 7am to 6pm Monday through Friday.
I've been around animals, from hamsters to horses, all my life and have been pet-sitting since November 2011. I also love being outdoors. I like to walk when I'm home in the afternoons and, taking dogs whenever possible, I jog on days when I don't have morning commitments, horseback ride weekly, hike once or twice a month, snowshoe when weather supports that...and I take lots of photos and sometimes video, so you'll have proof your fuzzy family members are having a great time at “puppy camp.”
ABOUT MY HOME
I've got a 1,040 square foot home with central heat and air, a 3,700 square-foot 6' solid-picket-fenced back yard, and a good-sized, 3'-wire-mesh-fenced front yard on two acres about half an hour from highway 50 and downtown Placerville. There are dog doors from the house and garage into the backyard and when I'm home in good weather, the pups have access to the front yard. My community is surrounded by National Forest which makes for terrific hiking opportunities, which I and the dogs who are up for it take advantage of once or twice a month. The community itself is relatively quiet with lots of ponds and wildlife and little traffic - perfect for walking or jogging the pack.
My own pups are an 85-pound, eight-year-old, alpha-female Black Lab mix and a 15-pound 6-year-old male Jack Russell x Chihuahua. I've got a mostly outdoor cat used to dogs of all types (but that certainly prefers the ones that don't want to eat her). And I've got two horses: my Thoroughbred riding horse and a 32” Mini. They, too, are used to all kinds of dogs, and once they're fed, I'll let pups with good recall and not an intense herding drive out while I clean the stable yard – free hose-down for those that perfume/decorate themselves before I finish!
I host a maximum of four dogs and one cat at a time (which means up to a total six dogs and two cats will share my home, including my own brood, although once in a while I do go over my "max" due to emergencies, overlap, etc.). Please share your pup's personality traits with me so I can make him or her as happy and comfortable as possible! If my schedule permits, for an additional fee, I will bathe and/or groom your pup – shampoo and conditioner, brush out, nails, ears, eyes, teeth-brush...just ask and your pup can have spa time!
In addition to boarding your animals in my home, I will make home visits within Mosquito/Swansboro Country to feed, water, etc., for which I charge $20/hour ($5 min.) and a $5 trip fee outside of the Buckboard section (this usually amounts to $10-15/visit).
Due to the limitations inherent in home (vs. kennel) boarding and my home and schedule in particular, I must decline dogs that scale 6' fences, are aggressive (growl or snap at or attack other dogs other than at meal/treat time or over toys - I can handle some guarding issues), are highly predatory (toward cats and horses, specifically - just about all dogs chase what runs - I'm referring to intense, obsessive behavior), or are destructive (I'm referring to furniture, doors, and other items that cannot reasonably be removed from their vicinity - I can crate, but am not comfortable doing so for an entire workday). If you are unsure whether your pup qualifies as having any of these behaviors, please talk to me about him/her!
All visits by appointment only. Please let me know your schedule so we can work around it - sometimes that means dropping off the night before, so there's plenty of time to get your pup settled in.
I recommend visiting my home before your pup's first stay - what DogVacay calls a Meet & Greet - primarily so your furbaby will be comfortable with me and my home when s/he comes back to stay and to make drop-offs and pick-ups as low-stress as possible. (Note: dogs will not be introduced at this time, as my system for introducing dogs for the first time at my home takes one to two hours. We can arrange to meet at a near-by pond for leash introductions, if you like.)
I understand that my property is not convenient to those not in my community, so I make every effort to make pick-up and drop-off as convenient as possible. If I'm in town, I'll meet you. If you need me to make a special trip, I charge $20 per hour.
I am happy to accept last-minute reservations if I have space – just ask. I am here to help you have a better vacation/business trip/etc. by ensuring that your pup (or kitty!) is well-cared for.
WHAT TO BRING
• I have lots of bowls, beds, treats, toys, and leashes, but feel free to include anything you think will make your pet more comfortable.
• You provide food and any supplements or medications.
• If your pup walks best with a certain harness or collar, please provide that in addition to their “house collar” with tag(s).
I welcome all breeds and ages, but please make sure your furbaby is:
• Spayed/not in heat during stay - I do take intact males on a case-by-case basis.
• Not aggressive (bold/assertive is fine) or a heavy barker (e.g., barks at fairies for hours when no one's home) - we need my neighbors happy!
• Current on flea and tick treatment (any type is fine, but there are fleas and ticks in these here hills).
• Current on vaccinations OR supply me with a veterinarian's waiver.
• Not requiring 24-hour supervision - as I work away from home and am currently gone from about 7am to 6pm Monday through Friday. Although I have accommodated just about everything over the years, special-needs dogs (whether that's puppies under one year, infirm adults, those with strong separation anxiety, or serious escape artists) are probably not a good fit. However, if any of these describe your dog, do feel free to contact me to discuss the situation more fully.
DISCOUNTS & PACKAGES
• Every 14th continuous night FREE!
• 20% discount for additional dogs from the same family
• One FREE night (boarding) or day (daycare) for booked referral – thank you!
"Like" Swansboro Vacation Care on Facebook for more up-to-date images of my furry friends.
Read More about Elisabeth...