WHY CHOOSE SVC?
• #1, Your pets stay in my home, with my pets and me. They spend their time where they like - indoors or out - and sleep where they're comfortable - whether that's a crate, pet bed, or the floor.
• Toys – feel free to provide your pet's favorite, but I've got balls, squeakies, ropes, treat dispensers, and more.
• Beds – if he doesn't bring his own, your pet can choose from a dozen already here.
• Healthy treats – treat and chew donations are very welcome, but I've always got a variety on hand.
• No extra charge for brushing out burrs obtained on outdoor adventures, adding supplements to meals, or administering basic medication.
• If your pet doesn't have a special food bowl, I've got extras, including slow-feeders for those that bolt their kibble! I've also got ten water bowls, indoors and out – plastic, metal, ceramic – even a fountain!
• I've got a year-round puppy pool because for some dogs, water knows no season.
• Photos! I don't promise daily, because sometimes we're having too much fun to "paws" and send 'em, but they will get taken, and you'll probably get a bunch!
• No additional charge for weekend or holiday stays – just make sure to book early!
When your furbabies are here, they're family. I work away from home (in El Dorado Hills) and the pups are on their own from about 7am to 6pm, Monday through Friday, to roll in the yard, sunbathe on the deck, bird (or squirrel or deer) watch, play together, window-gaze, etc., but when I'm home, your pup will be hanging out with me, lounging, puttering, walking, hiking, playing fetch... (I can accommodate separating animals to make sure they, and you, feel safe and comfortable – ask for details.)
I've been around animals, from hamsters to horses, all my life and have been pet-sitting since November 2011. I also love being outdoors. I like to walk when I'm home in the afternoons and, taking dogs whenever possible, I jog on days when I don't have morning commitments, horseback ride weekly, hike once or twice a month, snowshoe when weather supports that...and I take lots of photos and sometimes video, so you'll have proof your fuzzy family members are having a great time at “puppy camp.”
ABOUT MY HOME
I've got a 1,040 square foot home with central heat and air, a 3,700 square-foot 6' solid-picket-fenced back yard, and a good-sized, 3'-wire-mesh-fenced front yard on two acres about half an hour from highway 50 and downtown Placerville. There are dog doors from the house and garage into the backyard and when I'm home and weather allows for leaving the front door open, the pups have access to the front yard. My community is surrounded by the El Dorado National Forest which makes for terrific hiking opportunities, which I and the dogs who are up for it take advantage of once or twice a month. The community itself is relatively quiet with lots of ponds and wildlife and little traffic - perfect for walking or jogging the pack.
My own pups are an 85-pound, eight-year-old, alpha-female Black Lab mix and a 15-pound 5-year-old male Jack Russell x Chihuahua. I've got a mostly outdoor cat used to dogs of all types (but that certainly prefers the ones that don't want to eat her). And I've got two horses: my Thoroughbred riding horse and a 32” Mini. They, too, are used to all kinds of dogs, and once they're fed, I'll let pups with good recall out while I clean the stable yard – free hose-down for those that perfume/decorate themselves before I finish!
I host a maximum of four dogs and one cat at a time (which means up to a total six dogs and two cats will share my home, including my own brood, although once in a while I do go over my "max" due to emergencies, overlap, etc.). Please share your pup's personality traits with me so I can make him or her as happy and comfortable as possible! If my schedule permits, for an additional fee, I will bathe and/or groom your pup – shampoo and conditioner, brush out, nails, ears, eyes, teeth-brush...just ask and your pup can have spa time!
In addition to boarding your animals in my home, I will make home visits within Mosquito/Swansboro Country to feed, water, etc., for which I charge $20/hour ($5 min.) and a $5 trip fee outside of the Buckboard section (this usually amounts to $10-15/visit).
* If my calendar indicates I'm booked, please contact me to confirm! * I'm away from home for work Monday - Friday 7am - 6pm. All visits by appointment only, please. New guests can either come home with me after work, or be dropped off between 6:30 and 8pm weekday evenings, or on weekend days between 7am and 8pm. Return guests can also be dropped off between 6 and 6:30am weekday mornings. Please let me know your schedule so we can work around it - sometimes that means dropping off the night before, so there's plenty of time to get your pup settled in.
I recommend visiting my home before your pup's first stay - what DogVacay calls a Meet & Greet - primarily so your furbaby will be comfortable with me and my home when s/he comes back to stay and to make drop-offs and pick-ups as low-stress as possible. (Note: dogs will not be introduced at this time, as my system for introducing dogs for the first time at my home takes one to two hours. We can arrange to meet at a near-by pond for leash introductions, if you like.)
I understand that my property is not convenient to those not in my community, so I make every effort to make pick-up and drop-off as convenient as possible. If I'm in town, I'll meet you. If you need me to make a special trip, I charge $20 per hour.
I am happy to accept last-minute reservations if I have space – just ask. I am here to help you have a better vacation/business trip/etc. by ensuring that your pup (or kitty!) is well-cared for.
WHAT TO BRING
• I have lots of bowls, beds, treats, toys, and leashes, but feel free to include anything you think will make your pet more comfortable.
• You provide food and any supplements/medications.
• If your pup walks best with a certain harness or collar, please provide that in addition to their “house collar” with tag(s). I have a tag with my number that I'll also attach.
I welcome all breeds and ages, but please make sure your furbaby is:
• Spayed/not in heat during stay - I do take intact males on a case-by-case basis.
• Not aggressive (bold/assertive is fine) or a heavy barker (e.g., barks at fairies for hours when no one's home) - we need my neighbors happy!
• Current on flea and tick treatment (any type is fine, but there are fleas and ticks in these here hills).
• Not requiring 24-hour supervision - I work away from home during the week, so although I have accommodated just about everything, special-needs dogs (whether that's puppies under one year, infirm adults, those with strong separation anxiety, or serious escape artists) are probably not a good fit for weekday boarding.
DISCOUNTS & PACKAGES
• Every 14th continuous night FREE!
• 20% discount for additional dogs from the same family
• One FREE night (boarding) or day (daycare) for booked referral – thank you!
"Like" Swansboro Vacation Care on Facebook for more up-to-date images of my furry friends.
Read More about Elisabeth...