I am the crazy pet lady, Christin Kuck. Through out my life time I've owned dogs, cats, birds, turtles, mice, aquarium fish, pond fish, rabbits, and chickens. I love animals of all kinds, shapes and forms, and am dedicated to their care, but I have a special place in my heart for dogs.
I work out of my home with my daughter creating fine ceramics and pottery. Between pet sitting and the pottery business, this is my full time job, and I adore my job.
When choosing a pet sitter, you get what you pay for. There are several reasons I charge a higher rate than other pet sitters on dogvacay.com:
1. Before I start a job, I research the breed to understand its temperament. I keep my pet boarding to a total of two dogs, three if requested in advance and from the same pet owner.
2. I am adept at training dogs simple commands: sit, stay, down, off, in the house, let's go potty, wait, let's go, this way, I achieve reactions through a reward system of either praise or small treats.
3. My house is spacious. This allows me to separate dogs for short periods of time if necessary. Humans need to get away from other humans in the household from time to time. Dogs sometimes need a break from each other as well. My back yard is large, which allows room for exploring and running. I live in a nice neighborhood in Seminole, near the beaches.
4. Pet sitting is not a way for me to make a quick buck. I am dedicated to the dogs in my care, and I make them a priority while I'm pet sitting, and love each and every one of them.
5. There are two other adults in my household who help with the care of the dogs I am pet sitting: my husband Ken and my daughter Rachel. Ken grew up in a household where dogs were bred, and has a keen understanding of pet care. Rachel grew up learning the same pet training systems I learned over the years. If I, for some reason, became incapacitated while caring for your dog(s), either Ken or Rachel would step in to care for them.
6. I strictly follow the feeding regimen for your dog(s). Changing food suddenly midstream can cause stomach upset, or diarrhea. Having owned dogs with allergies, I understand the necessity to stick with a program.
7. I play with your dog(s), give love and attention, and have a treasure trove of toys for dogs to play with. I walk the dogs, and if the owner permits, I'll take the dog to the dog park.
8. Did you know that dogvacay.com takes 20% of every dollar I make? What you pay to dogvacay is not what I receive. Dogvacay is a useful website in sending me leads.
9. Did I mention I love dogs. I love caring for dogs. I love being around dogs.
10. While Dogvacay provides insurance, I am also bonded and insured through another company, and can provide proof of background check. References are available upon request.
Contact me for a meet and greet. I would love to discuss your pet care needs with you.
Read More about Christin...