1 ac. fenced play area. All sizes welcomed.
%%Now until January 1st of 2017, I will be unavailable to take any new/unknown pups. I am in the process of training up my own pups. I am excited to use my new training skills and who better to receive them then my own pups. I did list training as available, but I am still in the process of working out the logistics so all the pricing is subject to change. Thanks so much.%%
1. Meet & Greets are mandatory for all new guests. (Below for more information)
2. Shot records have to be current and in my hands before a stay. Letter of good health from a Vet is acceptable within 2 weeks of their first day of stay if not current on shot records. New shot records and Letters of good health are due at each new visit to keep them current if applicable.
3. I still only take one new guest (family) at a time. Multiple pups from the same household counts as one to me. This policy has really worked out for me and I would like to continue with it. The comfort of your pets are my first priority.
4. All new guests must schedule Step One of Basic Obedience Training, Heel with Automatic Sit and Sit at your side. I will make some exceptions regarding this to older pups, to be determined by me during Meet & Greet.
5. Food for the entirety of their stay. In the case that they run out I will be happy to purchase more of your pup's food, but will expect reimbursement upon pick up. I will not substitute another food type for your pup's as this usually causes upset stomach for them so please bring more rather than less. I am happy to measure the food out or you can individually portion it out.
6. I have to have a collar on them at all times. This allows me to direct your pup should they decide not to listen. (Crated pups are put up with no collars.) It can be loose and even slide off, but it has to be on. (No slip or prongs as they are for training only, not all day use.) Training collars will be provided by me.
All my MEET & GREETS are done outside during daylight hours only. Light rain will not stop me from holding one, but Stormy weather is cause for rescheduling. I do try to schedule around my more energetic guests, but last minute scheduling may mean more energy and pups. Please try to exercise your pups beforehand and let me know if they have any fellow doggie issues before I schedule with you. I will meet you and your pup out front and show you the doggie entrance gate. M&G’s give your pups and mine a chance to know each other before drop off. Also, it allows me to get a sampling of your pup's personality and discuss any health or attitude concerns with you. **Reminder** I will let you know if I have pups in residence that are not my own during our M&G setup, if this changes I will update you via DogVacay. Be prepared to answer you and your pups goals with me.
**I added security cameras to my home. It is mandated that I inform all my visitors of this. I will have you sign a notification regarding this before a stay.
**All pup updates can be found at www.facebook.com/SallysDoggieResort . If you would require another update method or just more information please call or email me, I am happy to give a more individualized update on your pups stay.
**All pups, new and old, are taught to get along together peacefully here. I will allow a certain amount of playful roughhousing, but I do NOT allow all out fighting. This is to promote a stress free environment for all. I typically have a wide range group of pups, both small and large at all times, and they love it. I have had the comment dropped that I have a dog park for a backyard, but I like to think that my park is less stressful as I promote a feeling of safety for each.
**Re-evaluating a pup over time is a given during a stay. I do take notes so that I better remember a pup's personality for their next visit with me. However, if it has been a while since your pups last stay and there has been a change or event please let me know so that I can keep an eye out for any adjustments needed.
I do try to work with pups who have temperament issues, but I need to see continued improvement and a willingness to work with me drive from both the parents and the pups. I do reserve the right to turn down return visits. Luckily for me this is an extremely rare case and I will naturally inform parents of any issues that I have needed to address while they are in my care.
A typical non training day:
-Outside break for all upon waking. Breakfast.
-Outside again for a longer period. This allows pups to get the morning energy out and I like to stay outside until everyone is tired and done their business. (Pups in active training will be crated as I need all the energy for your pup's brain.)
-Rest time comes next. It typically does not last long. I do have toys for the pets to enjoy, but feel free to bring others. I cannot promise that they come back in one piece.
-Outside play and Inside resting is dependent on the pups energy levels. Naturally, weather and darkness may limit their desire to play outside. Walking is reserved for pets who have more energy or more anxiety than the rest. Typically, an additional training session will work. One or two mile walks are normal. I can get walks done in the early AM and after 3 PM when I have others home to help me out with those I leave behind.
-Dinner’s desired time is 5 PM. After dinner, hopefully, everyone is exhausted after one final playtime outside.
--Nighttime: Every pup has a choice. Crates are acceptable if you supply them and they do not cry. Smaller pups are allowed to stay on my bed, larger beside it. I have several pet beds, but feel free to supply their own if you would like. Blankets too, but they have been torn with play before so their return condition is not guaranteed. They do have a choice on which bedroom they would like to stay in and often this will change from one night to another. Point is, if they are comfortable, I get some sleep and so do they. (I do not allow free range access at night. All pups will be in a bedroom with a person or crated per their owners decision.)
TRAINING: Done throughout the day as running an active household dictates. Manners are a must. I train your dog to interact politely in my home. I encourage potty and poop on command. No jumping and/or stealing things from counters, tables or hands. No petting while pups are excited. Entering and exiting my home with permission only. Walks are done on and off Heel depending on their Let's Go. Playtime is play only not possession or ownership. All these things are taught in the order listed. I do not have fancy commands: Auto Sit, Heel, Sit at Side, Down at Side, Sit and Down in Motion, Sit and Down from the front, Come and lastly, Place. These are learned with verbal and hand signals. Additionally, my pups learn to only do a command when it is associated with a name. This is because I generally have 5 to 6 pups in my home. Your pup only Learn these commands here, to Incorporate them into your home will require Consistent and Continual upkeep on the owner's part. This is a lifestyle change. **I want your pup to be safe and welcome no matter where you choose to take them. If they learn to master my home, your friends will enjoy them visiting as well.**
Step One Training Program - 5 or more days scheduled with me is a must. Can be broken up with Overnight or DayCare possible. Your pup will learn Heel with Automatic Sit and Sit at Side. Incorporated in this is not pulling on a leash and better manners. Distractions will be introduced. All off leash training begins with on leash training.
Read More about Sally...