We are currently no longer taking new dogs and rarely taking on old ones. We appreciate your loyalty but at this time, we have too much going on to do any form of boarding. Thank you.
Hello and thank you for viewing my profile! As someone who grew up with a dog and now a direct "parent" to my own, I know how stressful it can be when planning time away. You worry about them! Who can I trust to watch them? Will they be taken care of properly? Will they be kind and loving to my pup? As a parent to both a dog and 2 cats, I know exactly how you feel and I would do nothing but take the best care of your pup while you're away. I have been dog sitting through the site since April of 2013 but outside of the site through family and friends for many, many years. To me, dogs are family and deserve a proper vacation when they're in my home!
A few things you should know when considering me as your dogvacay sitter:
1. All dogs will be kenneled when myself or my boyfriend are not home. I do this not to be cruel to your pet (believe me I HATE kenneling) but for their safety. When I am home, I make sure your pet is constantly being supervised, even when they play. I wouldn't want the dogs to accidently hurt each other while playing or to ingest anything that could harm them - food or otherwise.
2. Your pet must be potty trained. I have had too many instances of dogs "marking" around my home to include carpet, walls, curtains, and furniture. Pet smells are VERY hard to get out which encourages future pups to "mark" there as well.
3. Your pet must be neutered or spayed. Unless you're a current client of mine, I will no longer be accepting unaltered animals, especially males. Male dogs are known to "mark" all over the home when they smell other dogs even if they are potty trained.
4. I will no longer be accepting more than 1 dog at a time (2 including Jack). I want to make sure your dog is receiving all of my attention. On a rare occassion I will take 2 but I will make sure that both dog parents are well aware that another pup will be staying.
5. Your dog must be tolerant of cats. I don't mind if they chase them playfully or follow them around. I will not watch a dog who is known to chase cats and try to attack them. We do have a room for the cats but if you're dog is staying with us for more than a day or two I can't keep them locked up in their room that whole time - they love to socialize!
6. Your pup must be up to date on all vaccinations and be using a flea/tick application.
During the summer months and holiday seasons (Thanksgiving, Christmas) I tend to book up fast! Please make sure you get on my calendar quickly! I do however take last minute requests if we do not have another pup staying.
One thing I want you to know and be sure of is, I LOVE dogs more than most people! My dog is my heart and soul and I would treat your dog exactly the way I would want Jack to be treated on his vacation. I make sure you are updated daily on their activities and send you pictures (maybe even a video or 2!) to ensure they are getting all the love and attention they deserve - most of all, they are having a blast on their doggy vacation!
Please feel free to ask me any additional questions I may have missed in my summary - or any concerns! I look forward to meeting you and your pup!
Read More about Lisa...