Hello! I have twenty years of experience in caring for dogs of every size (think 10lb to 220lb... I know) imaginable, and I am educated in the temperaments and care of various breeds. But before I go into any more technicalities, above all, I just want to hang with your furry friend. Call me selfish, but there are truly few things better. While your best friend is here, he or she will be treated with respect and, frankly, adoration.
I do not have any pets of my own at the moment. I am a student attending classes two days per week on campus and online, but am most often available.
IF YOUR PUP HAS SPECIAL NEEDS, I have experience with oral medication and dogs with specific medical needs. I am more than equipped to care for your friend in the most appropriate means according to that individual pup.
WHILE YOUR DOG IS HERE...
- We like positive reinforcement in this neck of the woods. Utilizing love and positive vocabulary is cool. Harsh commands and threatening/hurtful means is uncool.
- Your dog's needs will be met regardless of what those needs may be. As long as you tell me what needs to be done, it will be done.
- Aside from frequent potty breaks, your dog will take walks with me throughout the airy residential neighborhoods of SE Portland, to and from local parks. Trips to such destinations as Mt. Tabor or Forest Park will be worked into the regiment unless directed otherwise and so long as your dog is comfortable riding in a car.
- I WILL NOT take your pup on any off-leash adventures unless this is a thing your dog is into and we have established a sturdy off-leash relationship in the presence of the owner during a meet-up. I'd really prefer not to lose your dog.
- Should I need to leave the house for any short amount of time, your dog will be left with a luxurious, cushy, frequently laundered bed and his favorite toys in a secure, gated area indoors. My partner Alfredo (hi, Alfredo!) is likely to be present should I be at school. We rock opposite schedules. Efficient yet romantically unfortunate. Dogs go nuts over him and I get jealous about it.
-I will ask you to bring your pup's food and toys from home. If no food is provided, we will go the Purina route.
When booking, please tell me as much about your pup as possible. First and foremost, please indicate any behavioral or temperament issues. We can often work around any issues, but it is imperative that I am given a heads up and know how to prepare accordingly. I am not prejudice of breeds so long as your dog is stable and does not pose a significant threat to other people or animals. Any and all medical issues should be discussed. What are your dog's specific needs? Does your dog have special needs? How does your dog typically sleep? How often does your dog eat and how much? Does your dog pull or run while on leash?
Read More about Kate...