We have one goal when your dog(s) come to stay with us. To take such good care of your dog that when you come to the door to pick them up “Your Dog Doesn’t Want to Leave”. (No we are not trying to steal your dog’s ;) ). We just try to make their stay with us, as much like a vacation as we can. You can be sure that your dogs are having a great time and in good hands while you are away.
What does a stay at our dog resort like?
• Over 1 acre of 6ft high Fenced in backyard for your pet to play.
• All Dogs Drink Filtered water while staying. (Reverse Osmosis Filtered)
• For the aquatic inclined dogs, we have a pool in the back that they are welcome to use.
• Your dog will get at least 1 hour of play time outside (Fetch, chasing, tug of war…etc.)
• We love to take dogs to the Maggie Houlihan Memorial Dog Park (weather permitting) in Encinitas. The dogs get at least an hour when we go and we try to go daily. We only take dogs that are socialized around other dogs to the park.
• Dogs will have all day in and out access of our home. (Weather permitting) Plenty of sunning/outdoor time for your K-9 companion.
• Your dog will not be left at home for more than a few hours unattended.
• Dogs are allowed on couches and beds. But we try to honor the rules of your home.
• Dogs will get to take walks along the many trails around our home. (there are over 30 miles of trails within a short walking distance).
• Dogs will be tired at the end of the day.
• There will be lots of pictures of your dog in their activities, that you will get daily.
I have had dogs most of my adult life, big ones, small ones and in between. About a year ago both of my black labs passed. They loved to swim and play in the backyard.
I work from home and I am at home most of the time.
Questions I ask of all owners before taking on a guest dog:
1. How social is your dog? How well does your dog get along with other dogs?
2. Is the dog well-mannered on a leash?
3. How is your dog on car rides?
4. How is your dog around kids?
5. Does your dog need any special medications?
6. Where does your dog sleep in your home?
7. Is there anything else that we should know about your dog(s)
Since we do live a little off the beaten path, we do offer to pick your dog up and bring them to our home for free (14 mile round trip driving not as a bird fly's).
Read More about Alex ...