I am a graduate student unable to have my own dog at the moment but would love to watch yours for a night, a week or however long you need!
My family has owned rescue dogs my entire life -- both of whom, including my 90-lb Golden Retriever, lived beyond their expected ages. I trained our dogs to do a lot of tricks - so FYI, old dogs CAN learn new tricks!
I am active, and would be happy to run outside with your dog (along the west side highway or in Central Park), or just cuddle and play on the couch - whatever your dog prefers! I live in a studio at the vertex of the West and East Villages, Chelsea, Gramercy and Flatiron by Union Square. Since I work I cannot do the afternoon walk myself but can find someone to do it and we can work out payment if it is additional.
- Your dog is house trained (outdoors or wee-wee pad)
- Your dog does not eat shoes, clothes or papers
- Your dog does not bark incessantly/does not have separation anxiety (I need to be a good neighbor after all)
- Your dog will not pee on the rug if left alone in a new space
- Doggy poop bags
- Towel to wipe down your dog's feet after a walk in the snow/rain
- Food & water bowl
- Brush/comb and favorite toys
- Any medicine/vitamins
- Carrying bag if it's a small dog
- Crate/bed if applicable
Read More about Melissa...