Custom quoted discounts for 2 dogs.
I have many years experience with dogs, cats and horses. I have fostered dogs for different rescue agencies. I would love to care for your dog in our home. Our family consists of myself, my husband and our 15 year old daughter. We have 2 dogs, Olive who is a 4 year old Rottweiler and Dean who is a 10 year old Lab mix. Both are rescue dogs. They love anyone and anything. We also have 2 cats that do interact with the dogs. Last but not least 3 Morgan horses. We have over an 1 acre with a large fenced in back yard, We do have a pool. I primarily work from home during the day. I am a registered nurse and I work for Division of Developmental Disabilities. I would love to have the opportunity to care for your dog. Please feel free to call.
About Connie A.:
We love all kinds of animals. We will provide a clean and pet friendly home for your dog when you can't. Spoil your precious puppy (and/or family pet) while you are away. Email me to set up a meet and greet so you and your pet can say hi for the first time, We would love to meet you and see if we are a good match to watch your dog or dogs.
How long have you been a dog lover? Tell us about your history with dogs.
I have been a dog lover for as long as I can remember. I have had dogs since I was 3 years old. I have had several types of breeds but love all dogs.
What would you like to know about a dog before sitting him or her? Do you have any breed preferences?
No breed preference. Any medical or allergy concerns. Do they adjust well to new settings? I just want to make sure your dog is comfortable and feels secure in my home.
Do you have reliable transportation in the event of an emergency?
Yes, I use Chaparral Veterinarian Clinic 5 mins from my house. Plus I have access to several veterinarians by phone.
Are you comfortable administering medication?
Yes, I can certainly be sure your dog gets his meds exactly as you specify. I will even do injections if you will demonstrate your methods for me.
How much time do you plan on spending with my dog each day?
20+ hours per day
If you have a backyard, please describe it.
1/2 acre fenced in with pool. I do have a barn with 3 horses. Our horses are very dog friendly since they are used to our dogs. We have no grass. I have a nice fully fenced-in yard, perfect for soaking up some sunshine and spending a long afternoon playing endless games of tug o' war.
What to expect during your dog’s stay:
• My goal is to let them run around and play as much as possible while ensuring they are safe.
• I have a covered patio, a large back yard and a pool (it has large steps and your dogs is welcome to swim!).
• Depending on the time of year/weather, larger dogs spend as much time playing in the back yard as possible. Smaller dogs run around outside plenty, but usually spend more time inside throughout the day. The yard is center block with pool fencing next to our riding ring. We have two gates.
• Everyone eats separate to avoid conflicts and so they don’t eat each other’s food.
• For hotter times of the year or for smaller dogs, your dog will get to go outside in the morning, at least three times during the day (usually 15-20 minutes each) and at night when it cools down. During my breaks from work, I let them out and give them fresh water.
• Photos are sent roughly every other day. I send photos less frequent for longer stays. I don't want to interrupt your travels, but want you to feel comfortable with how your dogs is doing.
• I do ask that you let me know in advance when you would like to schedule drop-off and pickup. I am usually pretty flexible during the day if I know in advance. I do drop-off/pickups Monday-Friday from 7:30am – 10pm and Saturday/Sunday from 9am-9pm. I realize flights often get delayed, so you can send me your flight info and I have a flight tracker app. No worries if your flight is delayed, we can always just add an extra day if needed.
• I do host multiple dogs at a time. Depending on the time of year and size of dogs, I will host 1-4 guest dogs at a time. I introduce dogs individually and watch initially to make sure everyone gets along. Wagging tails are always a good sign : ) We have never had any issues with this approach. I DO NOT accept dogs that are not friendly to Dean and Olive during Meet and Greets!
• Please bring your dog’s blankets, food, and any treats/toys you would like them to have. Really whatever you feel will make them the most comfortable. I have plenty of bowls, bones, and toys as well.
• They will be happy, healthy, and pretty worn out! They may not even want to go home!
Where will my dog sleep?
Has free reign of the house. Your dog is welcome to sleep wherever he feels most comfortable or your pet may sleep in kennels inside or outside based on your preference. I have 3 larger kennels available (36”, 42”, 48”) or you can bring your own. I don’t like kenneling dogs, but I am responsible for any damages to my home so the options are limited. I have a lot of dogs stay that are not use to kennels, but I have never had an issue with them getting accustomed (being away from home, most dogs seem to find it comforting).
• When they are inside during the day, I either let them lay around my office while I work (assuming they are quiet/don’t snore) or let them sleep in their kennel.
Where will you take my dog on walks? Tell me about it.
I walk my dogs daily in the evening. We go for about 30-40 mins.
Read More about Connie...