Hi, my name is Mary, I am from Venezuela and I am here because my husband's job. I have a 2 and 8 years old daughters, all of us are passionate about dogs. I know how stressful it could be leave them, for that reason I offer a variety of services that will make you and your pet feel like they are part of my family. From dog walking to private dog boarding, medicine administration and everything your dog need, my goal is simple, to keep you feeling worry free and your pet happy when you are away. Because I am a home stay mom with a small baby, I have enought free time to play and enjoy them as mine. In fact, this job is a unique opportunity to enjoy a cold and wet nose company. I have had any kind of dogs all my life (any size, conditions and needs)and I have a lot of experience care them. Adittionaly I am biologist and I have best knowledge about animals. I can afford any needs you and your pet may have. I am volunteering for Straydog and the SPCA of Texas where I am constantly taking animal handling classes and professional animal care training. Right now, I work on Animal Handler/Animal Care Center and Clinic program (Assist with basic shelter and clinic tasks), Pet Enrichment Team (PET) Trainer (Provide specific training for behavioral issues with shelter animals) and I already did the Adoption Counselor course to Assist potential adopters in making the best possible match. I just moving to my own house, it is conveniently located close to 121 highway and Alma in McKinney and has a nice fenced backyard and plenty indoor space, all my home is pet friendly.......Additionally, we have a lot of green spaces outside. In my routines long and frequently ( 3 or 4 times a day) walk and play times are included and I really like run with active dogs, but I could be a couch potatoes when is necessary jajajaja.....depend of my guest like.
Here are some details you might like to know about what I offer. If your questions are not answered below please feel free to email me and I will get back with you:
1. To board at my home $35 a night (pick up by 2:00 pm. Any size, breed and age over 1 year).
2. I will charge additional $ 5 for puppies under 1 year (this applies for boarding). Understand puppies need a lot of attention, care and focus every single minute and I'll probably be getting up in the middle of the night several times so puppy can go potty
3. I will charge $ 60 for two dogs And 15 for every additional one (same family)
4. To ensure the highest quality, I accept dogs within the same family at a time. Once you book with me, there will be no other DogVacay dog in home (unless you are agree and happy with that).
5. I have Doggy Daycare services. That includes focused, all day attention to your dog, with minimal time spent alone (I sometimes need to run to the grocery store etc. other than that I am home all day).
$20 half day (1-6 hours)
$25 full day (6-12 hours)
$3 extra charge for puppies under 1 year
6. I charge $5 for every 60 minutes that pass your pick up time (this applies to boarding and daycare service)
7. If you request you dog stays an unexpected extra night, I will charge an extra $15 to your regular fee.
This is because it will change any other scheduling plans that I would normally make.
8. I charge $5 for every 5 miles I need to drive (This applies to driving to your house to walk your dog, picking-dropping off your dog at vet or groomers, boarding, etc)
Requirements for your dog to be in my daycare/boarding
*Your dog needs to be good with people, specially kids.
* You need to fill out and/or update (if it is not your first time boarding with me) the contact card and information form before the Vacay. I try very hard to keep your pet on the exact same schedule that he/she is accustomed to and I will do my best to work with you and give your dog exactly what he or she needs!
*Your dog needs to be fully potty trained (except puppies, I can work with that. Additional fee applies).
*I'd ask that your dog either be crate trained or well-behaved and non-destructive when left alone. I do have one exception to this rule, and that is if I'm going to be boarding a puppy (additional fee applies).
*Your dog needs to be updated on his or her vaccinations.
*Your dog needs to be free of worms and fleas.
*You will need to provide your own collar and leash, enought food, food and water bowls, treats, toys, bed or crate and dog waste bags.
Just let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do
Read More about Mary...