I was in the military for 10 years and did a ton of traveling, which meant having to rely on friends, boarders and others to love my dog and cat in my absence.
I know what it's like to consider pets as family members so I will take wonderful care of your pet while you are at work, school, on vacation or dealing with any of the (many) demands life throws our way.
I have a single family home (living here is my three-year-old daughter, our little 9 month old, hubby and me!). We have a fenced in yard and around the corner is a dog park -- with a designated "large dog" and "small dog" play area.
My daughter (the 3 year old) loves pets so she will help take good care of your dog -- with lots of petting and keeping your pup in good company. If your pup prefers to stay crated unless we go for walks, that's okay with us too -- we have two spare bedrooms so your pup will have quiet space to him/or her self.
I can be as flexible with your schedule and needs because I am a stay-at-home mom and also work as a freelance photographer and magazine designer (from home). I *canNOT* sit for dogs who are not kid friendly but besides that, I do not have any breed restrictions. In fact, my daughter has already helped foster a pitbull puppy (rescue) before he was adopted. She loves all dogs -- I just need to be sure that your dogs love her as well. If your pooch is behaved & house trained then we are good to go! =)
I'm happy to accept last-minute bookings and can also travel to your house to check on your pet as well. Just let me know how I can help make your life (and your pup's) a little easier. =)
Requirements for booking:
(1) You dog(s) must be good with children
(2) Your pups must be house trained
(3) If your dogs are notorious for digging under fences, digging up gardens and such, please disclose this info up front. I love my back yard and want to be sure the pets we invite here will enjoy their time without attacking our garden. =)
4) Pups much be up-to-date with shots and have a current rabies tag.
5) Because we've had a few dogs make themselves a little too comfortable (chewing furniture and such) we require that you have a crate for him or her to sleep in at night or when I step out to run an errand or two. Rest assured though, your pup will spend minimal time in a crate. It's just to protect the furniture / house when I'm sleeping or step out for a moment.
I don't believe in breed restrictions but I do believe in responsible pet ownership so no matter the size or age of the dog (or dogs), I only book with pets who have a good "pack leader" and have some basic manners. =)
--------- Additional info ---------
In my account I list that we will sit for up to 2 dogs. This is for 2 dogs in a family. So, if I am sitting for one family, I won't accept dogs from another family. I know some families have 2 dogs and so I list 2 so they can have their pets stay together if they come over or I do a sit at their house. So, don't worry if your dog doesn't mix well with other animals .... when I accept your booking, I won't book with anyone else on those dates.
Read More about Elle...