My husband (Terry) and I (Katie) are thrilled to open our home to your furry family members. We are both 26 years old and have had and cared for cats and dogs all our lives. We share equally in taking care of visiting pets, so you may see one or both of us when you drop off/pick up your pet. I split my work-week between working from home or from my office. Please be aware that some days (generally Mondays and Tuesdays) we may be limited in available pick-up/drop-off times because I am at my office through the work-day.
We have 2 very friendly dogs (Tonks and Jotun) and two cats (Romulus and Tomen). We are happy to watch both cats and dogs, and can easily accommodate cats that don't want to be around dogs and vice versa. Our house is set up so we can separate cats from dogs when needed.
WHILE YOUR DOG IS HERE:
- They will have the run of most of the house (minus our bedroom).
- We have a fenced-in backyard for frequent potty-breaks, play, and exercise.
- We always have a steady supply of dog toys and treats to entertain your dog and keep their brain busy.
- Our two dogs are used to new friends coming and going, and are great at communicating with other dogs/fostering healthy socialization. For the energetic puppy, our two dogs make playful companions. For the older dog that prefers to be left alone, our dogs are happy to give them space.
- If your dog is cat-aggressive or has no experience with cats, our two cats will be kept in the bedroom away from the dogs.
- We generally accept no more than two dogs at a time, although we can take up to four if they are all from the same family/household.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING:
- Food and bowls. We often give dog treats, so let me know about any diet restrictions or if your dog should not have any treats.
- Collar/leash. Your dog must have a collar with identifying tags. If they have a separate collar/harness that you use on walks, please bring that as well.
- Bedding. If your dog has a particular bed, blanket, or crate they like to sleep with, please bring that so they will feel most comfortable.
DROP-OFF/PICK-UP TIMES: We want to be accommodating of your schedule, but please remember this is our home, not a business. You should discuss drop-off and pick-up times with us before booking and keep us notified of any changes in your schedule. Nine o'clock pm is the latest drop-off/pick-up time.
Per DogVacay policy, an overnight stay covers up to 24 hours. We are fairly flexible on that, but if you want to drop your dog off early one morning and pick them up late the following night, you should book for an overnight stay plus a day of daycare. Please message me if you have any questions.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT DOGS THAT:
- show aggression toward people or toward our dogs (being nervous their first time in a new place or around new people/dogs is normal and okay; snapping teeth at me or my dogs is not)
- bark excessively
- are destructive of household objects or walls/doors
Read More about Katharine...