My name is Jessica, and I'm a shameless crazy dog lady! However, I'm not in a position to have my own dog right now so I just like to take care of other people's dogs.
I have owned a Beagle named Daisy and a Jack Russell Terrier named Katie in the past. Daisy passed away after 9 years of spoiled comfort. My dad decided it was best if we found a better home for Katie with kids because she wasn't happy being the only dog in the home. Katie was my main responsibility while we had her; Daisy was more of my dad's responsibility but he travels for work so I often was her primary caregiver.
- fostered dogs for Manitoba Mutts Dog Rescue (check out my pictures for Benji and Lil Pup!).
- roomied with a big ol' Treeing Walker Coonhound named Sadie.
- experience with reptiles my sister owned (Bearded Dragons)
- rats that my boyfriend and I currently care for (Ludwig and Johan in my photos!)
- I currently care for a cat named Otis
Benefits of in-home pet-sitting:
- added bonus of house-sitting (watering plants, avoiding burglary, etc)
- reduces anxiety for your pet
I'm very passionate about dogs being able to function as happy and healthy individuals. If I see a dog with anxiety or aggression I make a point to help them work on it so they can be happier. I only know basic techniques, however, so this is a skill that I need to work on a little more.
- Dog aggression: socialization rather than avoidance
- Leash aggression: distraction techniques (toys/treats)
I'm comfortable with all types of dogs and I'd love to meet with you to see if I'd be a good fit for your short term or long term pet care needs!
Read More about Jessica...