I love dogs. Especially big, high-energy, athletic ones. But they can be terrible roommates. They're messy, make noise, and don't cooperate with your schedule.
Training is enough of a pain. Sit, stay, come, go... Those are great, but...
Wouldn't it be great if your dog were just an awesome roommate?
- Instead of barking at the vacuum, what if he quietly got out of the way, and waited until it was time to play again?
- Instead of pitching a fit, and making a mess when you leave, or worse - being locked in a tiny pin all day, what if she could learn to just go take a nap when you walk out the door?
- What if you could tell your dog 'please be quiet' or 'slow down', in the same calm tone you use with people?
- What if your dog sat down every time he came to the curb on a sidewalk, and waited for a command from you to cross the street?
- What if he walked BEHIND you up the stairs?
- What if he waited politely in his bed when he heard a knock at the door?
- What if you could leave a plate of BBQ on your coffee table with your dog sitting next to it, and come back with your food un-touched?
- What if he learned to go to his bed, and shut the door behind himself?
I use positive reinforcement, patience, cheap but effective treats, and simple but strict rules. Every dog & owner is different, but the concept is the same - love the best, leave the rest.
Don't let your dog be a bad roommate.
I can help.
Read More about Meshach...