Hi, my name is Scott and I'm on here for one reason… I absolutely love dogs! I have grown up with dogs my entire life and have been a certified dog trainer since 2008.
Now, let me first address the fact that I'm not the cheapest on this site. Here are a few of the reasons why:
1) I know what the other dog hotels charge per stay and I know the type of service and environment they provide. They list things like, "personal room and bed, three prepared meals per day, a watering system, a sprinkler, etc." That's all fine of course, but at my place, your dog has a home to stay in, nonstop attention, access to nature walks, a lake, and freedom from that dog who we all know shows up at camp and frazzles every other dogs nerve!
2) They say a picture is worth a thousand words. The pictures and or videos I send to you will assure you that your pup is in good hands and is getting as much love as humanly possible! I take time to get to know your dog's personality and you'll know it!
I believe whole heartedly when you pick your dog up, you will notice the huge smile on his or her face and know they had the time of their life! I don't mean to toot my own horn, but the attention, care, and love your dogs receive while with me, are without question, second to none!
3) I am a certified dog trainer (ABC-"Animal Behavior College" based out of California) and am experienced in a number of obedience issues as well as teaching tricks. I have worked with dogs of all shapes, sizes, personality types, and obedience issues. Anything from separation anxiety to aggression to loose leash walking are the more common ones I have encountered and helped to improve. I will work with your dog if needed and can offer tips upon your return on the things we worked on as well as some remedies you can take with you.
4) I'm a very active person who loves to take a dog for walks/runs around the numerous trails close to my home. Depending on the activity level of the dog, I have access to miles and miles of trails and most dogs will get 4-5 walks/runs outside each day...depending on the weather of course! It should be noted that I also board mature dogs that may not need much exercise. I assure you, I'm also very well versed in just relaxing and enjoying some couch time!
5) My career allows me the flexibility to be home throughout the day regardless of the day of week, so your dog will have very little time spent alone.
6) I need nearly zero notice. If you're in a pinch for a sitter for whatever reason and my calendar shows free, I generally would be able to help!
Now, I realize that leaving your dog with someone for any amount of time can be a bit nerve racking...both for you and your pup. My sister still only leaves her dog with either me or my parents and I completely understand. When someone leaves their dog with me, they know their pup will be cared for as if it were my own. The fact that I don't own a dog, yet make as many trips for toys and treats as you do should probably tell you something!
You can count on me to send pictures and give updates of your dog's adventures and play time as I know that's something most dog lovers absolutely want to see! Being a certified trainer, I'll also address any behavior issues you would like me to.
Lastly, when people return home from trips of any kind, we just want to relax. We all joke that we "need a vacation from vacation"! I assure you your dog will be super excited to see you, but once home will be calm and collected and more than likely just want to relax right along with you!
The pictures shown are of dogs I have cared for as well as some I have helped to train over the years.
Last but not least, if you feel your dog must be boarded alone due to aggression, I probably am not for you. Crossover stays between dogs is fairly common and always a possibility. More importantly though is the fact that I can absolutely help with dog aggression! Most often, those who have a dog in a tussle of some kind are petrified to bring their dog anywhere close to others for the rest of the dogs life. What a sad existence for the pup! Re-introducing other dogs is essential and the only way I know to improve the behavior that scares most owners so badly.
Thank you for taking the time to take a closer look at my profile and hopefully I can help!
*NOTE* As much as I hate to see my house guests leave, I do charge a half day for pickups after 12pm...similar to that of a hotel, I have to have a "check out time"!
Read More about Scott...