Hello and welcome to Happy Tails on Trails***, fun Holidays for your pups and peace of mind for you!
Your pup's vacation with me includes a daily hike/walk and loving, caring attention 24/7 in a high quality and low-stress environment.
I have over 20 years of experience caring for dogs. I love all breeds and sizes of dogs and will host any pup that is neutered or spayed. I do not have a resident pup and I host a maximum of 3 dogs at a time (during some Holidays); my preference is 2. I am responsible mature individual and I lead a healthy lifestyle. My work is mostly in my home office which gives me a lot of flexibility and the ability to give individualized attention to your pups. Since there are no children in the house, 100% of my attention goes to your furry kids.
My single story, comfortable home with a nice clean backyard, a shaded patio and secured fences is a sweet and peaceful haven for your furry friends. The pups that stay with me are free to come in and out of the house all day.
I love to hike especially in canine company; one of the great reasons that I host pups outside of my day work as a business consultant. I like their companionship and how they are such awesome motivators to get out us of the office. My go-to hiking trail is Heinz Open Space Park less than 5 minutes from my home, in Los Gatos and I am there in the morning or in the evening. Sometimes, if your pup is not up to an intense hike up and down the hills, we might just stroll the neighborhood or go to Vasona Park where it is paved and flat. For great running and playing on grassy grounds off leash we go to one of the nearby school's grounds. Weather permitting and of course if your pup is up for it, we'll enjoy an adventure at the dog beach near Santa-Cruz on a weekend day.
When we are not hiking, or playing ball during my breaks, your doggy will most likely take a snooze in my office while I work. Even though the entire house and yard is at their disposal, pups ultimately end up in my office.
If you would like your furry baby to greatly enjoy his/her vacation, and plenty of love while you enjoy yours, let's meet.
I look forward to meeting you and your furry friends!
*** Details on pricing for unique needs:
- Overnight boarding rate is $50 for 24 hours in $25 increments for half days; i.e. if you need to drop off your pup in the morning and pick-up in the evening.
- I host all breeds and sizes of dogs that are neutered/spayed, vaccinated and that are socialized and friendly to other pups and people.
- All Vacays require a Meet and Greet first. My goal is to earn the trust of your pup for the long term and, for the safety and happiness of the other pups hosted if any, to make sure that they are a good match with each other, with me, and that you are comfortable with the surroundings.
- Walking/hiking once a day is included with hosting.
- Administering daily medications/vitamins included.
- Daily injections are $5 per injection.
- I only host pups that are socialized and friendly to others, especially for our hikes.
- Once scheduled, pick-up and drop off times have a flexible 30 minute window for the arranged time, and between 7:00AM and 7:00PM. If your travel arrangements are outside of this time window, kindly drop off/pick-up your pup the night before or the morning after. Of course, unforeseen emergencies/delays can happen and will do my best to accommodate your needs.
As I spend most of my time on the phone with clients' appointments for my work, I greatly appreciate communication by phone or text, if you need to arrive earlier or later than the time we agreed upon.
Thank you for considering my home as your special Dogvacay. I look forward to meeting you and your pup.
Read More about Patricia...