Hi! My name is Elyse and I am a young professional who lives in Boonton. I currently reside with my boyfriend and two roommates, all animal lovers. Three years ago I began volunteering with a dog rescue - they are my heart and soul. I do everything with them from running the fundraising department to fostering dogs and cats to spending time at adoption events.
Boardings dogs can be stressful for both you and your pet which is why we are excited to offer our home to people in need of a place for their furry family member. We all work varying schedules so someone is home 24 hours a day. Our foster dogs usually get between 6 and 10 walks a day, not including playtime in our backyard. What sets us apart is our distinct love for dogs. The other three housemates all volunteer with the rescue as well and go the extra mile, never afraid to go on a 3 mile run if you have an active dog, roll around on the grass if your dog is playful or take your dog to the dog park if they thrive on socialization. Because I am with an animal rescue, I have spent time with a large variety of health and behavioral issues. From yorkies who aren't housebroken to bully breeds with a bite history, I have worked with it all. We welcome any breed and age into our home. We keep regimented feeding schedules and although we don't crate usually, we do have all sizes of crates available if you would like your dog crated. I invite you to come to our home with your pet and look around. Spend some time in the yard, see the neighborhood and make sure that you and your pet are comfortable with the environment we provide. Thank you for taking the time to view my profile, good luck!
1. Thomas and a foster Reo having playtime.
2. Roommate Amanda and a kennel dog we took for a night, Gandolf. He was so happy to be in a home!
3. Another foster, Jenny. Jenny was so sad without any friends so we swung by the rescue and grabbed her a friend for the rest of her stay, she couldn't have been happier :)
4. Nathan, a recent foster, and his favorite toy from our toy basket! We receive tons of donations of all sorts of toys and keep them in a basket in our animal room, he loved the cupcake. Of course, all toys and sanitized between dogs!
5. Fosters Boris and Nathan in the animal room. This is our special area with dog and cat beds, crates, bowls, toys, you name it! From beds near a heater to toys everywhere, this is a favorite spot among all the animals. Although they are welcome to roam the house, it's always nice to have your own special area to go to.
6. Our backyard (please excuse the chairs, we hosted a volunteer bbq the other day!)
7. Roommate Amanda and her parent's dog at a Pictures with Santa fundraiser for the rescue I am with - my boyfriend Thomas is Santa
8. Amanda and one of our fosters, Reo
9. Thomas and a puppy we transported from Delaware
10. Thomas and one of the rescue's long-timer dogs (adopted after 2 years at the kennel). People were afraid of her aggression but she always turned into a total baby when he was around.
Read More about Elyse...