We take it "ONE DOG AT A TIME" to provide your furry friend with 1-on-1 care at all times. Siblings welcome too!
Hello there! We're Christopher & Chris, professional dog-sitters for dogs of all shapes and sizes.
Situated in a quiet, dog-friendly subdivision in Bowmanville, your dog's home-away-from-home is a clean and tidy, smoke-free, 2-storey detached home with a fenced in backyard perfect for dogs. It sits 2-blocks from a large school yard, and just moments away from Bowmanville’s expansive, fenced dog park.
Throughout his or her stay with us, your dog will enjoy the freedom to roam and explore the main floor (including the kitchen, dining room, front hallway and living room) and will be given ample opportunities throughout the day to enjoy the backyard. All these areas get beautifully flooded with natural sunlight, although shade is never hard to find.
Other areas of the home your dog may want to sniff their way around include upstairs bedrooms and a home office, all of which receive a great glow of natural light.
FOOD, WATER & MEDICATIONS:
Your pet will have constant access to fresh water, and will be diligently fed according to any meal schedule you provide. Treats will be also be provided.
If your dog is on any medications, please let us know. We’re happy to administer any pills or liquid medicines your dog requires.
We don’t kennel (unless you request it), but do have multiple, comfortable, well-lit “time out” areas that we can use if your little guy or girl needs some alone time.
For those boarding their furry friends with us, we offer a number of sleeping arrangements based on what makes your dog feel most comfortable.
To ensure your dog is given the very best treatment, we accept only 1 dog at any given time. Exceptions can be made (at your request) if additional dogs are from the same family, or have a preexisting friendship with one another. Inquire about pricing for multiple dogs.
Christopher will be the primary caregiver for your furry friend during their stay, and he will be with them around the clock. The other Chris will be on hand during evenings and weekends as an additional caregiver. We’ll ensure your dog enjoys play time (both inside and out), food, fresh water, treats, exercise, quiet naps and comfortable sleeping arrangements.
Both Christopher and Chris have extensive experience caring for dogs. We:
• had an amazing golden retriever, Cody, for 14 years
• have relationships with the GTA's veterinary community (including two of Bowmanville's leading vet clinics, the emergency animal hospital in Durham, and the Toronto Veterinary Emergency Clinic)
• volunteer with Golden Rescue, a non-profit rescue organization for golden retrievers
• have, for years, been regular dog-sitters for friends and family
• launched “Cody's Campaign” lobbying the provincial government to eliminate the HST on veterinary services and medicines
• regularly donate to canine causes
• joined the Dog Vacay community in the hopes we can expand our passion for dogs into a full-time business
What makes us special:
• we're passionate about canines
• we've cared for dogs for over 16 years
• we have strong relationships with the veterinary community in the GTA
• just like dogs, we're kind, loving, loyal and dependable
• references available
We request that your dog is:
• up-to-date with their vaccinations
• free of fleas and tics
• generally well socialized
Any excessive damage to the property or injury to the caregivers remains the responsibility of the pet's parent.
Please note a premium of $10/day is added for stays on the follow days:
• December 1 - January 2
• February 14th
• October 31st
• All stat holidays, and holiday weekends
We look forward to meeting you and your little furry one(s) soon!
Read More about Chris...