Welcome to DogVacay, and thank you for your interest in me! I kindly ask that you read my listing in it's entirety, to learn more about me, my rates and my requirements. This makes the process go much more smoothly for everyone! I try to be as transparent as possible, but please don't hesitate to message me with any questions.
1) If you are a new client, I require a meet and greet to make sure you have a great DogVacay experience! Because of this, I do not accept last-minute bookings for new clients. Sorry!
2) Please check my calendar for availability prior to messaging me. Include your desired dates in your message, so I can make sure I am available. Please also include dropoff and pickup times, as this *may* affect your rate.
3) Your dog(s) MUST have a collar and an ID.
4) Please let me know if your dog is not spayed/ neutered, is not up-to-date on vaccinations, or is not dog-friendly, as this will affect whether I can sit other dogs during your dog's stay.
5) I can sit up to 2 dogs at a time. If you have 2 dogs, please check with me first to make sure I can accommodate.
Usual rate = $25 a night
Holiday rate = $30 a night
In some cases, you may be charged a pro-rated fee for extra time. For example, if you drop off Saturday morning and pickup Sunday evening, you will be charged for 1 night plus 1 day. This typically only applies to shorter stays.
Now about me! :)
My name is Leigh, I am a 33 year old female professional living in the South Norcross/ Tucker area. I own a spacious, clean home with a secure, fenced backyard.
I share my home with 2 other roommates and a cat named Sake. Sake is quiet, sweet and a bit shy, but she is dog-friendly. She would never be left alone with your dog unsupervised. If your dog is not cat-friendly or you are not sure, my roommate will keep Sake in his room during your dog's stay.
I've been a dog owner for over 19 years, and I will make sure your pup gets lots of love, attention, play time and exercise! I can offer grooming services such as brushing, bathing and nail-filing, and I can also administer medications. I am pet CPR/ First Aid certified, and the VCA Dekalb-Gwinnett Animal Emergency Hospital is only 1 mile from my home. Have peace of mind knowing your pup is in good hands :)
I offer daily walks for pups that know how to heel. If your pup is unruly on the leash, we can play fetch in the yard!
I've fostered for a local dog rescue, volunteered at shelters, and have watched several dogs in my home with happy & satisfied owners! You'll get a picture of your dog every day :)
I have a large crate in the main living area and your dog will be crated indoors when I am not in the home, to ensure its safety. If you have a larger dog, I have a large master bathroom (puppy-proofed) as an alternative to crating. You are also free to bring your own crate if desired.
I work during the week, so am gone anywhere from 7-8 hours during weekdays. I am generally home most of the weekend.
*I ask that all guest dogs are crate-trained and house-trained.* (This means they will go into the crate easily with a treat, they will not chew up bedding, they will not bark or whine excessively while in the crate, and that they know to go potty outside.) When I am home your pup will have free range of the home, with supervision. At night your pup will sleep in my room in a doggy bed :) I have a large dog bed, but you may also bring your own.
It is recommended that all dogs be vaccinated for Bordatella and Rabies.
Read More about Leigh...