We are a family that loves dogs. We are NOT professional dog groomers or borders. We do NOT have dog runs or kennels. We do NOT have heated beds and offer your dog TV viewing times. We are a family that opens our house up to other dogs because we think it's a better, friendlier, and less stressful way to care for dogs when you're on vacation yourself. When we go on vacation, we use DogVacay ourselves, but only with other dog-loving families. Your dog gets lots of love, walks, exercise, playtime and attention.
We understand dogs. We know their body language, and we pay attention to them. We have been rescuing Keeshonden for the past 15 years, so we have experience with dogs!
We have a huge house that your dog will enjoy free range of, another dog to help keep your dog company (a Keeshond, of course!), and 3 dog-friendly kids to help wear out your dog! Someone is home to keep your dog company, except between 8 am and 3 pm. Your dog will enjoy daily walks, lots of attention and treats while here! Our dog is a Senior with a laid-back attitude and friendly demeanor.
1. Your dog must be spayed/neutered.
2. Your dog must be current on all vaccinations, including Bordatella.
3. Your dog must have a nail clipping before arriving. This is to protect your dog as well as my hardwood floors.
3. Your dog MUST be completely potty trained!
4. Large breeds are ok, but your dog must be an "indoor dog." We go for daily walks, but most of the time will be spent inside, unless the family is playing outside.
5. Rudimentary obedience training is desirable.
6. You provide food, leash, treats and chews, and dog dishes for food and water. Also any special toys and/or bed.
7. Can administer oral medications.
Read More about Gayle...