***** Check out my dog photos on Instagram! @dog_goddess *****
•••••> Returning clients: please send me a message about the dates you need if they fall on my unavailable dates. I always love seeing my doggy clients again so I may be able to accommodate you depending on dates and length of stay!
•••••> Please note that I will not be accepting drop off or pick ups on the following dates this year: Thanksgiving (11/24), Christmas Eve (12/24), Christmas (12/25). I will still have dogs here for those days, but please check that your drop off and pickup days do not land on these days. I have fun activities planned for my little family, my own dogs, and my guest dogs on those days, so I want to minimize the doggy excitement of people and dogs coming and going. Thank you for understanding!
I am a professional dog trainer and also offer dog sitting in my home. If your dog doesn't do well with other pets or has been kicked out of doggy day care- NO PROBLEM. I am experienced with dogs and am able to accommodate any dog no matter what behavior issues they may have! Message me to ask specific questions about your dog's individual needs.
As you can tell from my photos, my dogs and all of the dogs in my care are my life. They are all spoiled and enjoy the many activities we do together.
Because working with dogs and their owners is my full-time job and main focus, my schedule is typically flexible. I couldn't imagine doing anything else. I have had experience with nearly any medical issue you could think of, and I have been trained to care for groups of 20-40 cage-free dogs. I have been working with animals professionally for most of my adult life, including working for nonprofit organizations, working at the humane society, starting my own rescue organization, and working as the assistant for a humane officer. I am comfortable with all animal handling and behavior.
All of my animals are rescues. I have 4 cats (Speaker, Felix, Beretta, Cali) and 2 dogs, Jaxson (American Bulldog, 8yrs) and Kilo (Labrador Retriever, 4 yrs). Both of my dogs didn't do well in their previous homes, but after some training and a lot of love, they are now my perfect angels and help me to train other dogs.
Although I have cats, they have their own areas in the house where they can be separated from any dogs who don't get along with cats.
I believe that it's extremely important to keep a dog's mind busy, so I put a lot of thought and attention into activities for their mental stimulation. My dogs and I enjoy playing food games & food puzzles, learning/practicing fun tricks, games such and "hide & seek," scent games, fetch, swimming, etc. Your dog will likely sleep a lot for the day or two after returning home-- a tired dog is a happy dog! (:
- I have a 6ft privacy fence and my yard is completely fenced in. There are double gates like at a dog park for extra security.
- I have a lot of toys! Please leave your own toys at home, because the other dogs here will likely destroy them.
- I have my own insurance in addition to the coverage DogVacay provides
- I have baby gates throughout my house, and I make sure that all dogs are secure behind a gate before opening the door
- My yard and home is sprayed for fleas/ticks every other month. Please still make sure that your dog is current on flea/tick protection
- I have extra dog beds for the overnighters (although it's advisable that you bring your own to introduce familiar smells if your dog is nervous away from home)
- I have extra crates of all sizes available upon request to save you the hassle of transporting it if your dog uses one. Please let me know if your dog uses a crate
- I have many extra dog bowls
- You are welcome to bring your dog's favorite treats if you'd like, or I do provide high quality, raw, grain/gluten/antibiotic-free Stella and Chewy's treats during their stay with your permission.
- I love helping homeless dogs find their forever home! I always have a foster dog here. :)
*** There isn't a badge for it on DogVacay.com, however, it is worth mentioning that I am a Professional member of the International Association of Canine Professionals (IACP). Being a member of IACP gives me 24/7 access to advice and support from some of the best dog trainers and other animal professionals in the world. Your dog is in great hands with me and you can rest assured that I have had plenty of experience in not only animal behavior, but also medical experience while working at a high volume humane society. (:
Pick up/drop off times are 9am-8pm
If you would like to add the bathing service to your dog's vacation, I have the following types of shampoo available:
*all natural oatmeal shampoo for sensitive or dry skin/coat
*itch relief shampoo for dogs with allergies or skin conditions
*blue shampoo for brightening white fur
Bath will be given on the day of pick-up so that your dog comes home smelling and looking their best! I finish up with Paul Mitchell conditioner for dogs, Spa Paw treatment lotion, and a brush/blow dry.
Read More about Tia...