We're Marc and Carol. Together we have years of dog-sitting and ownership experience, and are looking for the occasional furry friend to take out for walks along the seawall, ice cream dates, picnics in the park, hikes, shopping, etc.
We mostly work during the weekdays, but Marc is self-employed and usually has some flexibility to give your pooch some attention and time outside in the afternoons complete with belly rubs. However, guests should be comfortable with being left alone for up to 8 hours on occasion as needed. Evenings and weekends are no problem for us!
What makes our place great:
- We're less than a 10 min walk from the seawall - we love walks along the seawall!
- Close proximity to a few off-leash parks (Crab, Cooper, and Strathcona), but we would not take your dog off-leash unless you are comfortable with it
- We use natural cleaning products that are safe for our furry friends!
- Pet-friendly building with a dog washing station
- SW facing balcony with great views to enjoy
- We love sending photos and videos to document their vacay with us!
We will be consistent with your parenting style with respect to being on furniture, beds, feeding, etc. Please bring their dog-bed or kennel if they are staying overnight with us.
Our ideal guests:
Since we live in an inner-city apartment, we prefer to have guests who are well acquainted with apartment life, are friendly with other dogs in the building, and are not spooked by the noise in the hallway. We also have a resident kitty named Kiwi. She is independent and sassy as hell, but pretty chill if you give her space. We found that guests who have been around cats before are usually good with Kiwi. For these reasons, we will always request a Meet-and-Greet to make sure our home is a good fit!
Read More about Carol...