I live in a quiet neighborhood, have a fenced in yard and access to a nice dog park. I will ensure your dog will get a walk in or two each day. I live alone and am single. Therefore my dog and yours are my top priority. I usually keep a few DogVACAY guests and many of my current DogVACAY guest have been coming for a while and all get along. I usually only take 1-2 a weekend - more if room permits.
I've been around dogs all my life. I have a wonderful back yard that if we can't get walks in - your pup will get plenty of excursive - as my dog loves to play. However he's content if your dog is low key with relaxing all day. I just had the fence checked and ensured that there are no places to escape - fresh mull have laid and reg rising the grass this fall.,
When you book through me, please remember to bring the following things when you drop off your dog:
1. Enough of your pet's food for the length of the vacay, plus at least 2 days additional food. If you do not have time to procure food, please let me know and I will add it via a custom quote or you can reimburse me upon pickup. Via Square or cash. This applies if the food runs out.
2. Any medications/vitamins/dog treats. I can and have expertise in administering eye drops and oral medications at no additional charge unless it's excessive.
3. Leash and collar/harness.
4. A bed or blanket (or if you you don't have one, something that smells like home).
5. Your dog's vet information - if you have it handy - if not DogVACAY's provides insurance.
6. Please don't bring dog dishes as I have plenty unless you have a miniature dog or a St. Bernard. I wash all dog dishes after each feeding to minimize germs and keep your dog healthy.
7. A crate, if you crate your dog. - but not required - but it's like their bedroom and helps. I do feed the dogs in a crate si they don't racy each other's food and I'm nursing them back with chicken and rice. This also helps with slow eaters.
8. Dogs that use pee pads and or that are not trained - I don't accept.- meaning your dog must be free and clear of accidents. If I do please know your dog will be crated with the pee pads,bed abs food/toys.
9. I have elk and deer antlers for dogs guest to chew on as rawhides cause diarrhea.
10. I follow your house rules - so if your key gets in bed or in the couch they can here too - if they don't - I don't want to them to think its ok at your place because it's ok here.
11. I do pickups in pentagon row, pentagon city, ballston, Clarendon and Roslyn at no cost before or after work hours only and on weekends. .
12. Finally - I live close to DCA so you can leave your car parked here if you live further out - and pick up your car and dog on the way home. There is plenty if parking and a quiet neighborhood. So if your further out in VA please don't rule me out. The uber ride is 5-7 minutes.
If my schedule shows as unavailable and your dog has previously stayed with me please feel free to contact me; and I will make room to accommodate your dog. I do daycare, only when I'm off and/or if I'm teleworking. Please check with me before requesting daycare during the work week.
Ask about military discounts or federal employee discounts (I'll do a custom quote for these once I have your dates and your pet has stayed ONE time with me, with no incidents).
If you've been my customer previously and by chance I've raised my prices - let me know and I'll honer the precious price when you started having your puppy stay here with me (via a custom quote).
Finally, I work normal 8:30-5 hours and prefer to schedule pickup/dropoff times between 6-8am or 6-10PM. Pick-ups after that - I'll bring your dog outside up till 11:30PM as to not disturb the other dogs or wake my neighbors. Drop offs can be done as early as 5AM just bare in mind I'm not a morning person. When you make a reservation, please provide your preferred dropoff and pickup times.
If you incur a delay in your travels, as long as I'm not available on my calendar, then I have no issues with extra days as I'm extremely flexible.
If you're traveling internationally I use WhatsApp to send photos, videos and updates since it accesses wifi and I've had several DogVACAY guest who prefer that app when traveling abroad. -
Finally, I do not accept dogs that are not spayed or nurtured and or any aggressive dogs, unless you can ensure me that your dog will not be in heat or spray. Aggressive dogs will require kennels, if after a meet and greet to ensure there are no issues.
Read More about Thomas...