**Please note we send photos and videos for 100% of all stays. It may reflect differently on the profile metrics because many owners request photos/videos sent directly to their cell number. We love to send pictures so you know how much fun your furry family member is having!
ABOUT THE SITTER
My name is Shannon and my chocolate lab Baylee and I love to share our BEACH BARK getaway with others! I am a dog lover and 5th generation Floridian. I have had dogs my entire life and am currently pursuing my dog training certification through Animal Behavior College. I decided to pursue dog care as my profession searching for what truly makes me happy and fulfilled in life – this is it! I now own BEACH BARK - a dog walking & dog sitting business serving the Jacksonville, FL beaches area.
There is no greater joy than knowing your dog is being loved and cared for the same way you would while you are away. So book with us and enjoy your time away all the while knowing your pet is enjoying his/hers!
ABOUT THE HOME
I own a town home just 2 blocks from the beach on the east side of A1A. The entire first floor has gone “to the dogs”! It has been built out and dedicated to the dogs. They have a couch, beds, stereo system, a huge beanbag, and much more! The downstairs doggie inside area opens to the yard so when the weather is nice the dogs can come in and out as they please.
The yard is completely fenced in and offers ample room for the dogs to play, green grass space and a brick patio. If your dog loves to chase lizards then our yard will be their dream come true!
We also have a 2nd floor deck with stairs to the back yard where the dogs enjoy laying in the sun or just hanging out and checking out people walking down the street.
OVERNIGHT GUEST RATES
Up to 70lbs - $40/night
71 pounds and over - $50/night
Puppies 9 months and younger - $50/night
MULTIPLE DOGS IN THE SAME FAMILY DISCOUNT
If you have multiple dogs in the same family each additional sibling will receive a $5/day discount
EXTENDED STAY RATES
Special discounted rates are available for extended stays. Please email to request a quote.
Price adjustments will be made once your booking request has been received. Please email if you have any questions/concerns about pricing. Also note, special pricing adjustments can be made depending on the circumstances so please reach out if you have a special situation.
OVERNIGHT GUEST LATE PICK-UP FEES
Any pick-up after 12:00pm on the last day of the stay charged 1/2 daycare - $18/dog
Any pick-up after 3:00pm last day of the stay charged full day daycare - $25/dog
Any pick-up after 6:00pm on the last day of stay charged full overnight fee - varies
*Arrangements for late pick-up need to be made prior to booking
$25/day – drop-off 7:30-9:00am and pick up between 5:00-6:00pm
* We take many doggie adventure trips so if you need to drop-off and/or pick-up outside the listed time windows please make arrangements in advance.
* First time daycare guests are required to complete an observation day to make sure they are a good fit for our daycare group and vice versa. The cost is a one time $35 fee.
DAYCARE GUEST LATE PICK-UP FEES
Pick-up after 6:00pm will be charged an additional $10
DOGGIE BUBBLE BATH
Includes bath, ear cleaning and nail clipping
$35 for dogs under 40lbs
$45 for dogs 41lbs and over
* The above rates are an estimate. The bath price could be more depending on coat condition and size of dog.
DOG HOME PICK-UP/ DROP-OFF
$15 each way for home pick-up and drop-offs
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
* We are licensed and bonded through the pet sitting industry.
* Your dog will never be left unattended outside so you can be sure your "digger" or "jumper" will be safe while in our care.
* We do not accept dogs over 6 months of age who have not been neutered. We also do not accept females in heat.
* There are double gates at our entry point into the backyard for the ease of owner drop-off/pick-ups and the safety of all our dog guests.
* Each dog guest is given a special pet tag for their collar during their stay containing our contact information as an additional form of security for your pet.
* We always take pictures and videos of your pet during their stay and send them to you so you can see what a great time they are having at their Beach Bark getaway!
* We are members at Dog Wood Park, a 42-acre play and swim park, as well as Jax Beach Paws Park. All our guests enjoy at least one daily trip to the dog park, our westside property featuring a large lake or the beach.
*You will receive at least one picture or video per day featuring the wonderful times your fur kid is having at their BEACH BARK getaway.
* Your furry family members happiness is our number one priority. We are proud to host an environment where your pup gets the best care and attention possible. They will get LOTS of love and go home happy, healthy and tired.
* Our motto…a tired dog is a good dog!
Why I love dog sitting
I have loved dogs my entire life. I grew up with labs and golden retrievers from a very young age. Many of my roommates throughout life have had dogs. I have lived with a labs, cocker spaniel, pit bull, pug, and english cocker spaniels.
Meet my pets
Our home is a dog paradise...for our lab Baylee! Once your furry family member has stayed with us they will be excited to come back again and again!
About my yard
I have a fully fenced backyard with ample play space. It is a combination of grass and a brick patio. I also have a covered wooden deck on my second floor with stairs leading down to the backyard. There are pictures of the yard in my profile.
My experience administering medication
Yes. I have done this many times for many different pets.
Read More about Shannon...