Find us on Instragram, @barksbonesbeyondmke!
Hi! We are two Marquette grads living on the bottom floor of a house in Milwaukee. Liz has a professional background with dogs (5+ years of experience at Doggy Daycares & Salons) and David grew up with a mischievous Bernese Mountain Dog. We believe our differing skill sets in this field compliment each other.
We began hosting in October 2014 and we take a lot of pride in the business that we have created. At 45 furry clients + counting, every dog in our home is treated like family. That being said, we require Meet n Greets for all new bookings to ensure that your dog(s) are a good fit for our home. Meet n Greets are a great opportunity for you to meet us, for your dog to check out our space, and for us to get to know your dog. For both us and you, we believe it is a relieving experience: for you to know your dog is in the right hands and for us to know what kind of guest(s) we should prepare for in the coming future. For this reason, we do not take "last minute" bookings for dogs that we have not met.
Dogs that we would consider perfect to vacay with us would be ones that like to go on outdoor adventures and watch television with us. Fortunately, cuddling is free of charge in our home.
The most frequent questions & concerns that we have come across:
1. Does your dog need exercise and extra potty breaks? No problem. We have hosted several active dogs and puppies, with pleasure. One great aspect of our location is that we are only a five minute walk from a fenced-in play area on campus, where we take our dogs when the weather is nice!
2. Does your dog need 24/7 supervision and extra attention? Talk to us and, with our flexible school schedules, it is very possible that we can accommodate.
3. Do you travel frequently for business or take vacations over all holidays? Repeat guests make up a vast majority of our bookings; they are the livelihood of our business. If the Meet n Greet goes well, we would love to welcome your dog into our pack.
4. Do you miss your dog while you're away? Worry about what it is doing? Wonder if it's being well-behaved? You're in luck! We have no problem with check-in texts and we send daily photo updates regardless. We love to document the adventures of our dogs: where they're going, who they're meeting, and what goofy behavior they've picked up on vacation.
5. Do you have other concerns not mentioned here? Take a look at our client reviews and see if any of their stories sound like we have the characteristics that you are looking for in a sitter. And, most importantly, don't be shy to send us a message.
One thing is a guarantee: You will pick up your dog having been well-fed, well-rested, well-exercised, and happy—For them, staying with us is truly a vacation.
Situations We Are Willing to Accommodate Upon Further Discussion:
-- Picking up/Dropping off your dog to an event or celebration such as a wedding
-- A long-term stay (14 days or more) at a discounted rate
-- Early drop offs/Late pick ups at no extra fee
-- Booking dogs that are not good with other dogs (only possible if we have not already booked another dog over the days requested)
***We apologize in advance for our breed restrictions, as we are not allowed to watch "Pitbulls" (American Staffordshire Terriers), Rottweilers, or German Shepherds. We love all dogs--regardless of size, age, or type--and do not believe that there is a such thing as a "bad" type of dog. However, for insurance reasons, we cannot watch certain breeds in our home. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Read More about Liz & David...