Consider my home, your pet’s home in a loving, peaceful retreat for your pet when you’re away.
My prices are higher than most because I guarantee dogs and cats will enjoy their stay with me. I take personal care of each guest in my house, I spend time with each one personally by giving them one-on-one attention. I offer discounts for repeat bookings, multiple nights and/or guests.
I take various pictures of each guest on their vacation and send updates every day. I also send a follow up email after their vacation that includes a collage of the top pictures taken from their stay.
I have a Facebook page specifically for my business and I post all of my pictures after each pet’s vacation. I send the owner a personalized photo album from their pet’s vacation at Barks & Purrs Retreat.
Guests can play safely in my backyard or inside using the doggie door. I have a large, nice and clean backyard for playing chase and fetch or just taking a nap in the shade. My back yard is secured with a NEW 6’ wooden fence that is kept locked at all times.
My house is clean and pet friendly. Dogs are welcome on the couch and even sleep with me in my bed. On rainy days you might catch us snuggled up on the couch eating doggie snacks and watching the dog classic “Turner and Hooch”. I keep Kleenex close by for me and the dogs to use during the sad part at the end, it’s a very emotional moment for us. On warm sunny days you can catch us in the backyard playing fetch. Sometimes at night we pretend we are camping around the campfire and I tell scary ghost dog stories.
The only thing I ask in return is that your pet is vaccinated, potty trained, will not mark my house, and is non aggressive. The only way to keep my home a retreat for your pet and their safety is if everyone follows my request. Please note that I do not take unneutered dogs and dog breeds considered aggressive.
I work full time Monday through Friday so I am gone from 7:30am - 5:30pm, but we all know that our pets typically sleep 12-14 hours per day. When I get home in the evening it is play time.
You can read my reviews and see that I go above and beyond for each pet. I love what I do and it shows thru the pets and how much they enjoy coming back each time. I will provide personal and loving attention for your pets & peace of mind for you.
If you choose to book with me and make your reservations, please copy the questions below and paste them with your answers in your reply email back to me on DogVacay. This will help me provide the best vacation and care for your pet.
1. Age of your pet: (approx month and year):
2. Spayed/Neutered: Yes or No
3. Approx. month and year of vaccination: xx/xx
4. Being treated for fleas: Yes or No
5. Breed and weight:
6. Is your dog potty trained: Yes or No
7. Pet Parents Name:
8. Pet Parents Cell Number: [one number is only required unless you both prefer to receive updates]
9. Emergency contact name & number: [In case I cannot reach you]
10. Vet name & number:
11. Are field trips and rides in the car ok: Yes or No
12. Feeding times & amounts: [Please write your answer down and bring with you at drop off]
13. Medication required: Yes or No
14. Where do you prefer your dog sleep when on vacation: (dog bed / owner & boarders bed / crate): I allow dogs to sleep with me
15. If any, what is the length of time your dog is ok being left alone (2-4, 4-6, 6-8 hours or never left alone):
16. Where do you feel safe for your pets to be in my home when/if I am out of the house: [indoors only / indoors & outdoors are ok with me / my pet should probably be crated]
17. Is your dog ok being around cats, other dogs, strangers:
*If you need your dog crated during times I am out of the house, please bring their crate
Below are some personal reviews that I have received from my guests.
*****Woof, woof, rufffff bark BARK BARK, grrrrrr. Bark!! Bark bark bark, woof woof!!!!
*****First off, let me start by saying I was a hard sell. I only like being with my family and no one else but when I stayed with Belinda from Barks and Purrs Retreat….WOW, I was sold. I had so much fun. She gave me lots of belly rubs and we talked for hours. She would point out where the squirrels were hiding in the back yard and even let me bark at a few cats. I had the best time. Now when my mom and dad ask if I want to go on a dog vacation, I tell them only if I'm going to Belinda's at Barks & Purrs.
*****I had the best time with Belinda at Barks and Purrs Retreat, I give her a paws up on my stay.
*****I love Belinda, I had the best time ever, she gives the best belly rubs. I highly recommend her.
Read More about Belinda...