Hi! If you’ve ever experienced anxiety over the care for your four-legged children while you are away, I can completely relate to you! My husband and I take pride in the standard of care we provide for our own furry kids and we always wish we could rely on someone else to do the same. I know many pet-parents go through the excruciating pain of leaving their precious animals behind when they have to be away (whether for vacation or family emergency, life happens). Simply put, taking your pet with you to your destination is not always possible and not always ideal for your pet, either.
If you find yourself feeling stressed about leaving your pets at home, I would love to be considered as the babysitter for your peace of mind.
Here is the scope of my services up front, so you don’t have to waste your time “guessing”:
• I am available in the evening during the week (after 5:30pm till 9:00pm).
• On weekends and holidays, I am available from 5:30am till 10:30pm.
• Morning visit during the week is possible depending on your location, however, it has to be very early (5:30am-6am). We can definitely discuss an arrangement if your kiddo requires a morning check-up as well.
• I am willing to spend overnight (stay in your pet’s main area) if your loved one needs close monitoring/attendance (an elderly pet, for example).
• If you have a special-needs dog, I will never exclude or reject him/her based on physical or mental disabilities. Let’s talk and see if I can perform the level of customized care your baby deserves. My experience with special-needs dogs is not all-encompassing by any means, but here are a few:
---- Epilepsy and pancreatic failure (and restricted diet)
---- Partial paralysis (from waist down), though it was temporary and not a permanent disability
---- Deafness and blindness (a case of genetic condition and another with old age)
---- Incontinence due to spinal injury
• For those who have “higher-than-normal” anxiety, I am absolutely willing to provide added comfort via e-mails/texts or phone call for an update as needed. And if you wake up in the middle of the night, needing reassurance, you can call me at home and I will not bite your head off, even at 2am. I cater to those who constantly agonize over their animals, because I know what that’s like. My hope is that you won’t have to worry (or at least not as much) while I am serving you.
• If you have other small pets in the house (i.e. cat, hamster, etc), I can take care of them as well (up to 3 animals) while I’m there, free of charge.
• If you want your pet to be extra-clean on the day of your return (or whenever), I can give them a bath, at additional cost. I bathe my Great Dane regularly, so you know I can handle washing even a “giant breed.”
• I like keeping things CLEAN and TIDY. I will treat your house and dogs the same way I do mine.
• In case of an emergency on my end (i.e. sudden illness), I have my dependable husband, Michael, who takes animal care just as seriously as I do, as my back-up person.
• Fee is $15 per visit, for minimum 30 minutes, up to 2 dogs. Overnight stay rate will vary depending on the circumstances.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Read More about Akiko...