I'm a traveling dog sitter you can trust. I'm responsible, reliable, clean, contiencious and available on short notice. It is my priority to make your dog as comfortable as possible while you're away and keep them on their regular schedule. I know to most dog owners, dogs are like family, and I treat them as such.
I have been a pet sitter for the past 10 years- started a side business in college, then 2 years working for professional companies, and the last 5 with rover. I worked at the Pet Staff, one of the biggest pet sitting companies in LA, followed by a 1 woman owned company, who trained me one on one. Over those 10 years I have cared for many types of dogs. I have taken care of a blind dog, a deaf dog, a three-legged dog, a one-eyed dog, dogs that need assistance going down steps, elderly dogs, dogs that need special medical attention, dogs that need special cooked meals, dogs with behavioral issues and quirks, dogs that need frequent potty breaks- you name it I've most likely done it. I've watched teacup breeds, to great danes, and everything in between.
Animals have always been apart of my life. Growing up with dogs, rabbits, fish, guinea pigs, and birds, has taught me patience as well as how to care for living things. No matter what animals I may watch, I make sure to give them plenty of attention, comfort, and love. My family bred King Charles Cavaliers, so I have experience with new born puppies, as well as grown dogs. I am experienced with all types of dogs, all different shapes and sizes.
Just a few standard care practices of mine:
- The water bowl will always be full, and if you have filtered water thats what I'll fill it with.
- I never feed dogs table food
- I typically send an update after the first night, and then usually a follow up a few days later. I can send as many or as few updates as you may like.
- I was trained to avoid other dogs on walks, so I typically abide by that rule
- I'm very neat, and like to leave a place exactly how it was when I arrived. I make sure to clean before I leave too. If you have a washer and dryer I will clean the sheets. I take out the trash and recycling as well.
While you're away I'm more than a dog sitter, I'm also your house sitter. I can take in the mail, water plants, turn certain lights on and off and any other requests you may have. Just let me know.
Read More about Lauren ...