A premium price warrents a premium service & accomodations! The major benefits to boarding with me are:
(1) I will only be accepting ONE dog at a time, unless the dogs come from the SAME owner/same home and get along. so rest assured, your dog is getting the 1-on-1 attention and care it deserves!
(2) I walk daily around the lake, year round, so why not bring a dog with me who can enjoy all the free "scents" along the way?!? All walks are included in my daily rate.
(3) I am semi/temporarily retired, so around my home a lot to keep your dog happy.
(4) I live in a 2000 sq ft home near Lake Harriet - not a cramped apartment.
(5) I am very good with dogs and enjoy watching friend's dogs when they are on vaca (for friends, I generally work for wine, souveniers & tshirts from resort areas :) , but don't have my own dog yet. so I thought I'd try this to test-drive various breeds, ages and temperaments of dogs.
6) I do not have dogs of my own at home.
7) trips to the spacious Bryant Lake Off Leash dog park if your dog is friendly with other dogs
8) discount for more than one dog and stays longer than 7 days
1st floor features hardwood floors throughout with area rugs in the 2 living areas and halls. Hdwd floors (no rugs) in dinette (sunroom) off of kitchen or in dining room. There is a kitchen photo - self explanatory. The 2nd photo shows part of living area. . On the right is a 2nd sitting area - very sunny. And on left is the dining room, partially shown. Not pictured is a sunroom (dinette) in back of house with large bar-height table/stools and surrounded by windows. I have enclosed a photo of my backyard with the view from the kitchen/dinette.
I do not allow pets in the bedrooms when I am gone. the dog however can go up the stairs and hang out in hallway (hardwood floors). dogs are allowed in my bedroom at night when I'm sleeping.
On a daily basis, I email or picture text photos daily to you while you are away and am a strong/prompt communicator with owner. My lot is a standard Mpls lot, fenced on 3 sides. I walk your dog at least 4-5x /day. a short, pokey walk in the morning to poop/pee (20 min) and sniff around in neighborhood. a longer walk in aft/eve. If they can handle it, we go around lake harriet (4 miles door to door). and the extea walks up/down the block to poop/pee as needed. frankly - whenever I return from being gone for even a couple hours, I usually walk the dog at least up/down the block.
I only take dogs that are neutered.
Contact me to set up a meeting with your dog in my home in SW Mpls to see if my home/setting is appropriate for your needs!
Read More about linda...